Chapter Eight

You felt yourself wake up in an unfamiliar bed and felt disoriented from a killer headache. Your vision was blurred, so you rubbed your eyes. As the strange room you were in started coming in to focus, your brain realized where you were. You shot up in the bed, you were still clothed which was a good sign. You looked next to you and saw Striker sound asleep. Your face flushed, you couldn't believe you'd slept in the same bed with a cold blooded killer. It only made things worse that you couldn't remember a damn thing about how you got to the motel or what happened once you showed up.

You saw your phone on the bedside table next to you and picked it up. Upon looking at the time, you quickly rushed out of the bed and bolted out the door. You didn't care how you looked or that you were wearing the same clothes from the night before, you had to get away from Striker and you had to get to work. Fifteen missed calls from Blitzo were staring you in the face. He was probably going to kill you both for being late and for not letting him know that you were okay.

You cursed the elevator for taking forever to get you to the right floor for the office and rushed through the doors. Everything was quiet other than a very confused stare from Loona who was reading her magazines. You chuckled nervously and sat down, slumping into your seat. Loona noticed how beat up you looked from a mild hangover and laughed.

"Drink some of this, it'll help." She gestured to the latte she had sitting on the conference table. You took a sip and couldn't be more thankful for caffeine.

"So what the hell happened last night anyways? Blitzo was really worried and went looking for you or whatever." Of course he did, you thought. His stupid excuse that he was entrusted to keep you safe after your mother died always caused him to do stupid things such as that. You still felt a little bad though.

"I uh...I traveled a little...and then stayed at a motel." You weren't exactly being dishonest.

"Did you stay with that guy that was checking you out?" You blushed at the image of Striker sleeping next to you.

"No, he turned out to be a bit of a jerk." You lied. Loona raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Because the smeared lipstick on your face says otherwise." She teased. Your eyes went wide as you slowly pulled your phone out to look at yourself in the camera. Your lipstick was messy from the night before. 'Shit, did we do anything last night?' You thought.

"I'm just giving you a hard time. But for real though, you should probably apologize to Blitzo, he was up all night looking for you and barely got any sleep. I had to hear him bitching and moaning about it all morning." You slumped back into your seat, worried about the argument that was to come whenever Blitzo and M&M returned.

Sure enough, Blitzo called Loona asking her to open the portal. You took a deep breath, prepared to hear his spiel and equally ready to tell him to fuck off. Millie returned first and looked shocked but relieved to see you.

"Blitzo, (Y/N) is here! She's okay!" Blitzo's attention turned to you standing between Millie and Loona but before he could make any stern comments, you saw humans appear behind them. One of them shot a trap net at Moxie, but Blitzo pushed him to dodge it. Another human lowered themselves between the portal and Blitzo and Moxie. Blitzo told Loona to close the portal, but without thinking, before the portal could be closed, you launched yourself at the humans, dragging out a pocket knife you had on you since you weren't able to bring any larger weapons to work. You fought hard, but you felt something sharp penetrate your neck and your vision started slipping.

Blitzo and Moxie tried to fight off the humans as well, but they were both shot with a tranquilizer dart just like you were. As the world grew blurry before going dark, you heard the humans talking over your tranquilized bodies.