Chapter Seven

You were in the wrath ring, standing before the motel where Striker was staying. You approached the door and knocked. It took a moment before Striker answered and you heard a slew of curse words before he opened the door and realized who it was. He was shirtless, making you blush at the sight of him. He looked shocked to see you and it took him a minute to respond.

"The hell are you doing here, (Y/N)?" You chuckled, making your own way inside the motel room without being invited.

"Nice to see you too cowboy." You winked at him and pointed finger guns at him. He looked at you for a minute in confusion.

"See something you like?" You said without thinking. You knew his eyes were on you, but your drunk mind took it as admiration rather than shock.

"You're drunk..." He said, catching on. You giggled.

"Yeah? So what?" You approached him slowly, looking him up and down.

"Why the hell did you come here drunk?" You smirked.

"Why not? Why are you always so mean and serious? Loosen up...have some fun." You put your hands on his shoulders, admiring his frame. He was quick to push your hands off of him.

"The fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Simple...trying to prove I'm not uptight." Once again, the alcohol rolled off your tongue like ice. He wouldn't have any idea about the conversation you had with Loona at the party.

"Do you have more of that whiskey you gave me? I'm rather thirsty." He gulped, hearing the suggestive tone to your voice. You attempted to get closer to him but he took a step back.

"I think you've had enough to drink lightweight." You frowned. It wasn't working. You had to try harder. Perhaps you weren't being seductive enough? You quickly approached him and tried to kiss him.

   Your lips briefly brushed his because you'd caught him off guard. His lips tasted like savory whiskey. He pushed you away without a second thought and walked away from you. His back was turned to you as he fumed.

"Get out..." He said, a growl to his voice. It could've just been the alcohol on the brain, but even the growling tone to his voice was attractive to you. You sighed, knowing you shouldn't push it any farther, he clearly wasn't interested in what you had to offer.

"Fine. I'll just call Blitzo to come pick me up since I can't drive like this." You pulled your phone out and started to dial the number. It rang twice before Striker snatched the phone out of your hand and hung up.

"Are you really this stupid?" You were startled by him taking the phone and froze like a deer in headlights.

"If Blitzy comes and picks you up, it'll blow my cover and ruin our plans. You would be nailed to the counter." You mean your plans, you thought. Intrusively, your thoughts also ran wild with his choice of words, even though it was just an expression meaning caught in a lie. He took a look at you, still not knowing how to respond and let out an exasperated sigh.

"You can stay here tonight." You gave him a puzzled look.

"Here? But there's only one bed. Are you going to sleep on the floor?" He chuckled.

"You were just coming on to me like some common slut from the lust ring and now you're worried about sleeping in the same bed?" His words hurt a bit considering you were from the Lust ring, but you brushed it aside.

"I'm not a slut, cowboy." A pout slipped onto your face as you crossed your arms. He smirked.

"And I'm not sleeping on the floor in my own damn motel room." He grinned, knowing he'd won. You sighed and drunkenly stumbled over to the bed, plopping down. He hesitantly sat down on the other end of the bed and laid down as far from you as he could with his back turned to you, making it very clear he hated the situation you'd put him in. You knew he was going to be pissed in the morning but couldn't help laugh a little at his reaction to the situation.