Chapter Nine

The interrogation room came back into focus. The room was silent for a few minutes as Moxie and Blitzo woke up from their fever dreams. You didn't even know what to say to break the silence until Moxie spoke up.

"Do you remember what you said to me after my first day with the company?" Moxie asked Blitzo.

"Not really." Blitzo frowned.

"I remember. You told me I did a good job and that you were proud to work with me. I feel like you wanted to say something more judgmental but you said that because I needed it and it helped." Moxie said.

"Look I'm hard on you because I know what you're capable of Mox. You care too much about what everyone thinks except for me because well you know my opinion is correct but just keep doing a good job, okay? You shoot and kill good, you escape things easy, you can be strategic and cold blooded when you need to and don't expect any more compliments, I'm maxed out." You smiled, that was one of the nicest things Blitzo had ever said to Moxie.

"Thank you sir." Moxie said.

"You know my name, use it."

"Thanks Blitzo." You decided to speak up.

"Blitzo, sometimes I feel like you don't take me seriously...like you see me as some kind of big joke." Blitzo sighed.

"(Y/N), I don't think you're a joke. Truth is, I'm sure you could fight, or that you could be helpful on missions. But when your mom died, she was serious about keeping you safe and I just don't think it would be very responsible of me to let you risk your life like that, you know? It's not cause I think you can't handle it, I just don't know if I could live with myself if something happened to you and it was my fault." You had never thought of it that way. As much of an asshole as Blitzo could be, he did care about his employees. You didn't want to press on the secret he was hiding because it would seem suspicious, but that didn't matter. At least he was starting to be more honest. Before anyone could say anything else, the ceiling caved in and Millie dropped to the floor and ran towards you guys to untie you.

"There's my Millie!" Moxie exclaimed.

"Impressive work Mils! How'd you get here all by yourself?" Blitzo asked. Loona broke through the glass the agents were watching you guys from and had them both held by the collars of their shirts.

"Get your asses out of here before more fuckers show up!" She threw the agents aside and transformed out of her human form back into a hell hound. Everybody pulled their weapons of choice out of the supplies bag as one of the agents hit an alarm button calling for backup. You decided to join in so you could defend yourself and pulled out some throwing knives.

"Okay, I've had one too many emotions for today. Guys, let's fuck these fuckers up!" Blitzo exclaimed, ready to battle. Everyone began shooting, mincing and beating up the many human agents in the room. This was your chance to prove yourself to Blitzo. You glided around the room like an agile fox, dodging bullets, slices and swings from the humans. You threw knives in different directions, each one hitting your targets spot on.

"Mox, cover me!" Blitzo shouted.

"Yes sir!" Moxie replied while taking out a few more humans. Blitzo pulled out a knife and began slaying a few humans around him. One of them he decapitated and took a sinstagram selfie with, making you chuckle. Blitzo made his way to Loona, beaming over how proud he was of her.

"Hey Mils!" He waved at Millie.

   "Hey Blitzo! Just one sec!" She took out a few more humans with her giant axe.

"You need a gun or anything?" He asked. She said she was good. He offered water instead and she thanked him. Blitzo made his way over to you but just stood for a moment and watched you taking out the humans like an arcade game. As you danced around the room throwing your knives like darts, he smiled.