1 - The Event

The Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Capital City of Hanoi, 31st of December 2045, 11:55 PM

It was the last day of the year 2045, a succesfull year for Vietnam. It enjoy economic growth, scienctific advancement, improved foreign relations and trade, because of that, the group of people that have steered the country are enjoying themselves in a small party, waiting for the clock to tick and mark the end of a year. The population in the capitol is also having fun while waiting for the fireworks show to begin. It was a cloudy night but the show will be continued anyway.

At exactly 12:00:00 when the control operator pressed the button, and while even the fireworks haven't ignited yet, it happened.

A flash, a loud bang, and then everything turn white. After an amount of time that seems like forever, it gradually fade out, leaving people temporary blinded, collapsed on the ground.

The ones who stayed in their houses are no different, at the moment they heard the sound, as if something hit them in the head, they passed out.

The President and his acquaintance are no different, and while his head head is still buzzing, he was waked up by some of the guards. While they try to have him wake up and stand properly, he saw them doing the same with the others.

----------

A while after that, he was escorted back to his office and start to receive reports from everywhere. The population is panick, the international communications is not working, GPS malfunctioning, and every other tiny problems that you can think of.

After that, he arranged a meeting between the country top officials, the Prime Minister, the Party General Secretary and the Chairman of the National Assembly, alongside important Ministers.

The President : So, do anyone have anything to report ?

Public Security Minister : The public is panic sir, and some people are trying to benefit from that, so i suggest we should declare nationwide curfew and limited martial law.

President : That's a good suggestion, you can have the police starting the curfew from tomorrow. And make sure to have some checkpoints. Anyone else ?

Foreign Affairs Minister : Sir, we have lost contact with every other country, including our neighbors and the ones that we have a direct line with. We can't get to them by any means. Some ambassador have also told us that they can't contact their home country.

President : That's bad, try to help them if you can. Moving on, Minister of Defense, how are things going ?

MoD : We are not under any kind of attack as of now but i think we should put the military at high alert and send out scout planes to investigate the situation. Also, we should send out some ships to check our outpost on the Spratly and Paracel islands.

President : Well then, do it. Next, Minister of Energy, how is our nuclear reactor and power grid going. Any problems ?

MoE : The reactors are performing normally sir, but the grid, not so much. Some of our old transformer and capacitor are fried, but the newer ones fine. Also some people were driving when that hapened and crash into some aswell. Restoration estimated to take about one week to be finish.

President : Try to finish it as fast as possible, the people can't handle this and power outage at the same time. And if nobody have anything important to say at the moment, you can be dismissed. Have a good night sleep because you will need it tomorrow.

 ----------

Unknown date and time Somewhere in an unknown world

??? : Sir, we have just detected an abnormal event, an extremely large amount of magical energy flow, it jammed all of our device and communication.

??? : Can you locate where's it from ?

??? : I'm not sure but report show that our facilities in the South seems to be affected more heavily, while the ones up North only suffered minor issue.

??? : So it's somewhere down there huh. Do we have any fleet in that direction ?

??? : We do have a small fleet down there, they are supplying our outpost and hunting down some pirates, that area is full of them.

??? : Ask the Navy if they can send them there to do a simple investigation, a little caution is never bad. Also, compile all those report and send them to the Intelligence and another to the Emperor.

??? : Yes sir.