5 - Meeting

The same day - Qua Toyne

The Prime Minister Office

Prime Minister Kanata was having a small break before resuming the work on various documents, piling on his table, when someone knocked on his door." Come in ", he said, and the door swung open, with an officer walking in, his insignia indicating that he is a member of the General Staff.

" Sir, there have been some problems and the General Staff wish to call for a meeting with you and other ministers"

" Is it about the Lourians? They keep harassing us recently. Tell them I'll be there in 15 minutes "

----------

Meeting room - The General Staff Office

As the Prime Minister enters the room, a few people have already gathered. This includes the Chief of Staff, A general from the Army, Air Force, Navy, and the minister of Foreign Affairs as well as the head of the Intelligence Department. As they stand up to salute him, he goes to his seat and said " Gentlemen's, brief me about the situations "

" Sir, around this morning, we had received 2 reports, one from the Air Force and another from the Navy, saying that they have encountered an unknown country, which identifies themselves as The Socialist Republics of Vietnam, and they wish to establish diplomatic relations with us "

"What is this country and where are they? Why don't remember hearing about them before?"

" They are claiming that they are a transferred country, that they were brought here around half a month ago in an unknown event "

The information was received with mixed reactions, some think that it's real, others say that they're lying, when suddenly the President spoke up " Isn't around half a month ago there was a Holy Mirishial fleet moving around? They said that they are investigating a magical energy surge if I'm remembering correctly"

" That's true, we also recorded that but because of the limited information available, we just ignore that and move on "

This piece of information made the ability of Vietnam being a transferred country almost confirmed, leaving them with the question of whether they should agree to meet them or not.

After some thought, Prime Minister Kanata said: " I think we should meet them, they have not shown any hostility towards us, and considering the situations we are in, with the growing tension with Louria, we should try to have as much support on our side as possible. Sure, we can turn them away but then they might turn to Louria and it will be bad for us, but if we agree, we might get something in return, and we pretty much don't lose anything "

" Then we will arrange a diplomatic meeting with them in 3 days, but their fleet should be here in less than a day, and we will make arrangements with the harbor and the military to let them dock and have a tour before the meeting "

----------

Later that evening - The Expeditionary Fleet - HQ Ho Chi Minh

" Admiral Cuong, if we maintain this speed, we're expected to reach their port by tomorrow morning, however, there is a possibility that their port is too shallow for some of our ship, which has an estimated depth of only 7 meters "

" That means only the 2 frigates can enter the port huh. We cannot use the helicopter or RHIB because they don't have the infrastructure and it wouldn't leave a good impression. Notify the captains and have them prepare their ceremonial uniform, we need to look good for our first meeting "

----------

The next day

As they approaches the harbor, the fleet entered the bullseye's formation and the crew was given the order to man the rails. Taking the lead was a cruiser, followed by the aircraft carrier, a supply ship, and a destroyer at the end, with one frigate on each flank.

After reaching a certain distance from the shore, they begin to slow down and turn out, while the two frigates increase their speed, split off, and sail for the harbor. As the two frigates enter the harbor, they gathered looks from people ashore and on other ships, impressed by their sheer size and speed, along with the dignified crew aboard. The ship gradually slow down, pull over, and anchored at the furthest and deepest pier. A ladder was lowered down and secured with the help of the dock workers. A few soldiers come down, check the surroundings, and then the ambassador follows suit.

Welcoming them is the Qua-Toyne honors guard and their foreign affairs minister.

" Welcome to Qua-Toyne ambassador Nam, I'm Hiroto, foreign affairs minister, I'll be the one in charge of setting up diplomatic relations with your country "

They exchange some formal greetings, tour the city a little bit, and were guided to their inn. Tomorrow will be the day for diplomatic relations.

----------

F*** Wattpad Spacing