2 - The situation

The next day. Hanoi, Vietnam 9:30 AM

In the President Office

President : Good morning comrades. Now let's get straight into work. Have you got any new informations ?

MoD : " Sir, earlier this morning, scout planes have been sent out and have reported significant changes in our geography. Our old border with Laos and Cambodia now have another mountain range with height up to 6000 meters beside the Annamite Range. And beyond that around 150 kilometers is the sea "

" So we are an island country now huh. That will create quite a lot of problems, but maybe we will benefit from something. Anything else ? "

" The scouts dispatched to the Spratly and Paracel reported that most of our bases there still exist, but some of them are missing and we found other countries bases instead. It seem like things that are within a certain radius is brought here with us, include some fishing boat, oil tanker and container ship "

" Hmmm, tell the coast guard to escort them back here, send the sailors to their country embassy and capture the ship, seal it off until further notice "

" Noted. Also, some uninhabited island have been found further away, the detailed report about them should arrive in the afternoon "

"Okay, who's next "

Minister of Science and Technology : " I also have something to report sir "

" Go ahead, i'm listening "

" Our scientist have conduct some experiment and observation about this planet and got a conclusion. This planet is abit larger than earth, with an expected radius of around 7000km, so gravity will increase a little bit, this might have some effect on our movement and precision-machinery, but we are not sure yet "

" Sciences takes time, so do it carefully, if anything comes in, report it to me "

" Yes sir, and also about our climate, we have observed a temperature drop of around 10 degree Celsius across the country, this will have a negative effect to some of our crops and population. We think the change is caused by the proximity to the sea on both side, changes of sea current and possibility of us being in a temperate or cold zone. We might expect a harsh winter with subzero temperature "

" That's bad, we don't have the methods to resist the cold, our houses, hospitals and factories isn't insulated to withstand that. Our crop rotation cycles will have to be changed too. And our forest might just die off. "

" We are still unsure about the current situation so the only thing we can do is prepare and hope that it wouldn't be that bad, at least till we get more information "" How's the satellite project going ? Can we finish it ? "

" The rocket from SpaceX have been delivered 3 months ago, they have a small team here to do some final checks and help with the launch, the satellite is being finalized and prepare to be put inside "

" I want that thing up and running as soon as possible, so do whatever you can. Next, Minister of Energy "

" Our electricity grid is fully working sir, the production rate is enough for our current use, however, we still have some problems. Our oil rig is somehow still getting oil, but i suggest we should find some other reservoir and build more oil rig to meet our oil demands. And also we should open up the strategic reserve to relief the current shortage. Around 25 million out of 100 million barrels should be enough "

" I'll get that passed by congress and then you can work on the details later "President : " The meeting is now officially over, you can take your time and discuss specific details with each other, I'll be in my office if you need me "