4 - Conversation

Principality of Qua Toyne

Qua Toyne Navy Home Fleet - 4th Flotilla

A group of three frigates and two sloops was sailing smoothly on their routine patrol route, the sky is clear and the sea is calm, the water splashed gently onto the ship's hull, a perfect day for a patrol, with nothing troubling them from spotting a possible enemy.

Captain Alberto, the person in charge of the leading ship was taking his time, enjoying the salty smell of sea wind and the warmth of the sunlight when he was disrupted by the shouting of the lookout.

" Unidentified objects on the horizon"

Captain Alberto groaned, somewhat annoyed that his peaceful relaxation was cut short. "What is it? Spotted the Lourian navy or something ?" One of his lieutenants replies: " We don't think so sir. It's appeared to be an island but there is none on the map, could it be a sea monster or something" The lieutenant offered the captain his telescope. "Over there sir," he pointed toward a spot on the horizon. "I saw some shapes in the distance"

Captain Alberto accepted the telescope. "Let me see," he said as he adjusted it, zooming into the specified location. Sure enough, several silhouettes appeared along the horizon. Handing the telescope back to his lieutenant, he frowned at the strange sight. "They don't look like islands. The overall structure of those things is too angular. Those are most likely ships"

The lieutenant viewed the objects again. "Oh! They are much closer than they were before. They simply looked like islands earlier..." he trailed off. "Sir, should we investigate? There shouldn't be any other patrols out here aside from us."

"Agreed. Helmsman!" He called out. "Take us northeast, we are going to investigate the presence of these unknown ships!" he stops for a moment and continues " Tell the crew to man battle station and prepare for combat. They might be the Lourian Navy in disguise" The helmsman complied and start to steer the ship in that direction. The once calm and silent ship is now bustling as the crew prepares for combat.

By the time his ship was almost parallel to the unknown fleet, they have become visible with the naked eye, an indication of their speed. As the ship comes closer, he starts to notice the details on the ships. 

First of all, they don't have any mast, yet can still maintain such unbelievable speed. As he analyzes the ship, he notices a single cannon placed on the front deck. The thing in place of the mast is a steel structure, complete with windows, spires, and lights. Several alien objects adorned the sides of the vessels, accompanied by unknown tubes. As they closed in the distance, he notices a white phrase on the hull of the ship; Alberto surmised that this was likely a designation for the vessel, as other ships had similar, yet different paintings.

As the ship approached, Alberto noticed several beings - humans, to his surprise - aboard waving at him and his crew. He waved back, and the humans aboard the metal ship pointed somewhere behind their metal ship. Within a few minutes, the metal ship had passed him, along with several other metal ships, seemingly forming a defensive perimeter around the enormous ship ahead.

The size of this flat-topped vessel was such that even its large escorts were dwarfed by it. The height of the flat-top was immense. The captain stared with his mouth agape as he attempted to make sense of the size of this behemoth. The vessel, a floating fortress to him, was many times the length of his ship. If he had to estimate, the vessel had the equivalent length of at least 6 Qua Toynian warships and a height of at least 2 of his vessels without the mast. The width of the vessel could be as wide as the length of his ship.