11

"In My Mind~"

The all too familiar song of 'Silent Night' by The Temptations played in the background of the studio. The 5 friends sat around each other on Christmas Day, truly enjoying each other's company.

They passed around gifts, did some mini karaoke, and even played a few games. It was just them and it was perfect.

Well, almost.

It was like Luke, Alex, and Reggie were all going through some internal battles, maybe even Bobby too. So naturally, Skyler noticed and decided to come up with an idea to make her boys feel better.

"Hey, guys," the boys looked at the girl who sat on the floor, "I have an idea. Since we're approaching the new year, why don't we all get something off our chest? You know, clear the air between us so we can feel better entering the new year?"

She saw the nervous faces on them. "It's doesn't have to be something really personal. Just something that you feel is important for us to know."

"I'll go first." Bobby offered. "Um... I kind of have abandonment issues. My mom walked out on us when I was young. I may have this cool guy act going on with me, but I'm really just this guy who's trying to keep his head on straight."

"We're not gonna leave you, Bobby." Alex smiled, rubbing his back in comfort.

"Yeah," Reggie said, Luke nodding.

"We'll always be here for you." Skyler smiled. She then sighed. "Okay, I'll go now. If you guys couldn't already guess, my parents are divorced. I don't really see my dad a lot, and frankly, I don't think he ever really makes an effort to see Jay and me. It really hurt too because he was the one to get me into music. It would've been nice to know he even cares that I'm doing so well with the band or with my music, but it's whatever." Skyler shrugged.

Reggie frowned and sat on the floor next to her, pulling her into a side hug. Luke felt bad for the girl. Whether it was a stereotype or not for her, she shouldn't have to go through life without her father.

Reggie sighed. "Okay, um, my turn." He looked to the girl next to him and she nodded. "Skyler and I used to date."

"Not that, you twit!" Skyler scolded.

"You guys what?!" Luke asked, baffled. The fact that Reggie got to be with her before him slightly irked him, whether he wanted to admit why it irked him or not, everyone else knew why.

"How?" Alex asked.

"You and Reggie dated?!" Bobby asked, amazed by the knowledge.

Skyler sighed. "I don't think that really counts. It was only for 3 days. We have too much of a sibling bond. That and it was weird."

Reggie slightly shuddered. "So weird." The 5 laughed. "No, but that's not what I was really gonna say," Reggie said, clearing his throat. "Um... My parents fight. A lot. Like all the time. Skyler's always been there to help me through it. It's kind of one of the reasons why we're so close." Skyler rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm not really fond of fighting, especially with the people I'm really close to, but it helps when the people I care about help me through it."