💉Tranquilizer Fail💉

It was ten minutes past seven when the sun finally raised up. The light made its way through the curtains of the cabin, hitting Bucky directly in the eyes. The old man gave a noise of annoyance, shifting. Sunlight was out already? He swore he just went to sleep.

Reluctantly, he opens his eyes slowly. A groan escaped his lips has his eyes were met with the brightness coming from outside. For a moment, he puts his arm out in a way to shield his eyes. He gave the a minute or two to adjust to the new light in the room before putting his arm back down.

He rested his metal arm on the arm of the couch, while the right hand was placed on his lap. He gave a big yawn as he glanced over at the clocking annoyingly ticking in the wall. It says it was just now at 7:13.

Four hours. Bucky Barnes got four fucking hours of sleep. The man scoffed at this information. What else is new?

The man rested his head on his arm, now glancing over to his right. On that side, right beside him, was Thyme curled up, still asleep. Tears stained her face from last night. They make Bucky remember just how rough yesterday was.

He gave a quiet sigh, still not believing it was real. Officer what's-his-name knocking at his door, telling him he was arrested for a kidnapping. Once both him and the kid are in the interrogation rooms, he shortly figures out the person who made the accusation was none other than Raymond Fuckin McKinley.

Bucky had so many questions going through his brain. Why is this man going through all this trouble just for one kid? Yeah, she has powers. So what? And how did he even know she was with him? How did he or the officers know their location?

So many questions that were left unanswered. He also remembered what happened before him and Thyme got back home. The officer's questioning was interrupted by one of his co-workers, the same officer who took Thyme into the other room. They talked on the other side of the metal door, and then he came back.

Told him the kid managed to convince them to let Bucky go, but only if she promised to do something. They didn't say what that something is. Bucky gave a slight chuckle. The child saves his ass once again. That makes twice now. Bucky didn't know if he should feel grateful or ashamed.

He hoped she didn't promise that she'd prove his innocence. They both are aware Bucky Barnes is no kidnapper. However, the officers around the state had it in for Bucky, or the past Bucky, the winter soldier Bucky. It just took one accusation, and they would willingly go to interrogate and shit. It would be hard to prove such a thing to them, especially when Raymond fuckin McKinley is friends with the police, cause of course he is!

Bucky gave another sigh, figuring it may be a good idea to stop thinking about yesterday, at least for right now. He stands himself up, does a long stretch, and makes his way to the kitchen. Part of him wanted to go back to sleep, but he knew from experience that once he wakes up once, there is no going back to sleep.

He got himself a glass of water, and then rummaged through the cabinets and fridge. He found eggs he could use for scrambled eggs. Just enough for both him and the kid. He really needed to go back to the store soon. With what money?

He goes over to the stove with his carton of eggs, and start cooking.

She doesn't know how, but when Thyme opened her eyes, she was back at the police station. Her eyes looked around, showing fear. This was all confusing. She didn't know how she got back here, but in a way, her mind told her she did.

An officer came out from behind a door, clipboard in hand, and came over in Thyme's direction. She watched his every move, her heart beating fast, she thought it was going to burst through her chest. Her fist clenched due to anxiousness.