~Chapter Four~

Elaine actually started to ignore me

     Elaine actually started to ignore me. I didn't expect her to actually start ignoring my existence. Shouldn't I be happy though? Now I can finally move on. But then, why am I so sad about it? I have Katie.

     I decided it would be a good idea to tell Katie the news, she'll be thrilled.

     "Hey baby!" She dragged out the "y" and I smiled at her being so excited.

     "Hey baby girl. I just called to tell you that Elaine finally stopped bothering me."

     "That's great love. But my mom and I were talking, so I'll call you later."

     "Oh. Okay."

     She started talking again and I thought she was talking to me, but I soon realized she was not.

     "Yeah. She finally left my man alone. It's kind of funny that he believed me over his own best friend. I mean. Yeah I did start it. But she deserved it since she was the one trying to steal Anthony away from me."

     I couldn't believe my ears. I shouldn't have believed Katie. If she's mean to other people, why wouldn't she be mean to Elaine? She's never been that way when I was around though. So she must have been that way when I wasn't around.

     "Katie. I'm still on the phone." I tried to yell so that maybe she'd hear me. She did.

     "Oh. Anthony baby. What have you heard?" She sounded nervous and I knew that she meant every. Single. Word.

     "Don't Katie. I can't believe you lied to me. We're done. And with that, I hung up.

     I all but walked out of my room. I got my jacket and my shoes and I ran to get in my car. I have to go apologize to Elaine. I know she won't answer my call, so I might as well just catch her off guard at her house.