~Chapter Ten~

Elaine does a lot better with getting used to the ocean than I thought she would

     Elaine does a lot better with getting used to the ocean than I thought she would. She stayed in the water for a whole 5 minutes before completely freaking out like that last time. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that I was holding her hand the whole time though. Hey, but it's a start.

*A week later, at Elaine's birthday party*

     "Sissy!" Ella screamed and jumped into Elaine's arms.

     "Hey little one. How was your nap?" At exactly 12 everyday, Ella takes a nap and wakes up around 12:30-1:30.

     "I had a good nap." Ella hugs Elaine very tightly then gets down to play.

     "Come on Elaine, the family is starting to arrive." Apart from me, Elaine has only invited her family. She says no one matters enough to her for her to invite anyone else. So I feel super special.

     After cake, we get ready to open present. I tell her to open mine last. At first she's confused, but she doesn't ask any questions. After all the presents are opened and mine is the only one left, Elaine looks at me with excitement written all over her face.

     "Open it." I smile at her and she gets all giddy.

     She opens it to reveal the red velvety box and looks up at me, completely confused.

     "Just open it baby." I smile wide at her and she opens it.

     Inside is the pretty promise ring that I got her. She gasps and looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

     "It's so pretty Anthony, but what is it for?" I look at her with a knowing look and realization flashes in her eyes.

     "Will you be my girlfriend?" She squeals and jumps up to hug me.

     "I guess that's a yes." I laugh a little and she shakes her head yes.

     I take the ring from her and put it on her ring finger, where your wedding ring would go.

     I know that Katie isn't going to be happy about this, but I don't care what she thinks. I'm really happy with Elaine and I'm not going to let anything get in between us. Especially not my jealous ex.

     "I love you." It slipped out and Elaine, you could tell, was caught off guard.

     At first, I thought she wasn't going to say it back and I was starting to regret saying it.

     "I love you too." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

     I picked her up off of the ground and spun her around. I kissed her and she kissed me back, smiling into the kiss.

     I'm going to be really happy with this girl.