~Chapter Eight~

Anthony still doesn't know about my family problems and I plan to tell him while we're eating breakfast

     "Anthony?" He turns around and looks at me curiously.

     "Yes buttercup." I smile and continue.

     "I have to tell you about something. I've been keeping it away from you because I didn't want you to freak out and feel bad for me. But I think you should know." I look at him awkwardly and he turns the stove off, walking over to me with concern in his eyes.

     "What is it?" He says it gently and it comforts me.

     He picks me up and sits down on my chair, setting me in his lap.

     "Well." I tell him all about my dad and he looks at me with horror and anger.

     "He doesn't deserve you guys. You're Mom either needs to leave him or I'm taking you so you can live with me." I frown and shake my head.

     "As much as I would love that, my sister and my mom need me." He frowns at me and picks his phone up, texting someone.

     "I'm telling my dad about it." I looked at him, slightly relieved and slightly frightened.

     Anthony's Dad is the chief of police and Mr. Jenkins doesn't play around. Soon, Anthony is getting a phone call. And next thing I know, he's telling his dad (I'm assuming it's his dad), all about what I said.

     "My dad said to keep you here so that he can go get you Dad. He said your Dad will be sorry that he even breathed wrong towards you and your family." Mr. Jenkins has always cared very deeply about me and my mom and sister.

     He's never really been fond of my dad though. Mr. Jenkins knew from the very beginning that something was up about my dad, he just didn't know what. He tells me and Anthony all the time that he doesn't trust my dad. And I never corrected him. I couldn't blame him, I know my dad even tried to show Mr. Jenkins how he was superior to him.

     "Okay."