~Chapter Nine~

*5 months later*

*5 months later*

     I had to testify against my dad and so did my mom. I didn't think she would go against him, but she was more than happy to. I guess she was getting tired of his crap too.

     I'm woken up by my alarm. I groan, aggravated, at the sudden wake up call and roll over to see that Anthony is still laying beside me. My mom gave us the ok to have a weekend away since we just had all the court stuff. She's even out with her sister for a spa weekend while my little sister stayed with my uncle and his wife.

     "Good morning Anthony." I smiled at him. We aren't exactly official yet, but we act like a couple. And that confuses me a bit.

     "Good morning sunshine. How'd you sleep?" I bite my lip and look at him questioningly.

     "What is it?" He looked at me, concerned.

     "It's just. You haven't officially asked me to be your girlfriend yet. Are you not ready still? Am I not what you want?" I start ranting and I frown when he laughs at me.

     "I'm not laughing to be mean baby. I just haven't found the perfect time to ask you yet. It will be soon. I promise. I also know that you're birthday is soon and I've been trying to find you the perfect present. I found it by the way." My face lights up.

     "What is it?" I get excited and giddy when it comes to presents.

     "I'm not telling you Elaine. You'll just have to wait another week to find out." I look at him with a pout on my face and he kisses me on the forehead.
l
     "Now get ready. I want to take you out to the beach. And I'm going to attempt to get you over your fear of the ocean." I bite my lip and he growls at me.

     "I've told you you shouldn't do that Elaine. I'll get you back later. Don't worry." He smirks at me and I feel my cheeks heat up.

     After getting ready, with my bathing suit under my normal clothes, I go downstairs to see that Anthony has already gotten ready. I guess he got ready in a different bathroom.

     "Oh you're finished now. I have to go brush my teeth." He runs upstair after telling me to look over the bacon.

     As I'm flipping a piece of the bacon, the grease splatters up on my arm, but not just a few little drops like usual. It's quite a bit and it leaves a red mark the size of 2 bottle caps (odd comparison, just ignore it and go with it).

     "Oww." I shout it a lot louder than I intended and Anthony comes running down the stairs.

     "What happened?" I laugh awkwardly and he looks at me knowingly.

     "You got burned by the grease didn't you?" I laughed awkwardly again.

     "Of course not." I said it with the utmost sarcasm. And he laughs a bit.

     He helps me get cleaned up and puts ointment on it so it won't hurt as bad.

     What would I do without him?