1

a/n: the genshin fandom scares me tbh-

stop

breath

the only thing you could think of at the moment was food. you were starving, but you had already begun the 3 hour long exam. no breaks.

god, why me? you place your head down on the table, flinging the pencil to the side of your desk. the essay was finished along with the short answers, but something felt missing. 

one by one as the minutes passed, people around you had gotten up to turn in their papers. by the 2 hour mark you were the only person left. you could feel the glares piercing your soul. 

"...this is why liyue harbor is now the bustling city that the world knows."  you wrote the last sentence before standing up to turn in your exam. the cold, tense atmosphere shattered as the entire class sighed in relief.

"oh, i guess that's the last of the essays. you may all go early." the professor yawned, accepting your paper.

"finally!" you cry to yourself, picking up your sewing bag along with an empty monster  can. "i'm fucking starving.."

you pull out ur phone to try find a nearby cafe only to see like 100+ messages from your roommates

anti-childe gang

objection
imagine having an exam thats kinda sad ngl

windblade
no because literally it is

stop is it bc im short

objection
oh hey n/n..
how was your..
exam

literally don't u walmart phoenix wright

objection
hey hey hey-

windblade
what r u up to y/n?

trying to find a place to eat
i haven't eaten since yesterday

windblade
bitch i made you waffles

when??

windblade
before you left??

were they on the table?

windblade
yes

oh-

windblade
smh

objection
yo ok so there's this cafe nearby
its called wangsheng cafe 
u should check it out

alr
peace my little baboons ✌

~*~

you walk through the city until you find the wangsheng cafe. it was a quaint place on the outskirts of town. it doesn't seem busy inside, to your pleasure.

the ring of the doorbell floods your ears as you push the opening door open. at the counter is a cashier that looks around your age. although he was good looking you didn't pay attention to his features and ran up to the counter.

"h-hi." you say, out of breath. the cashier looks up. you read his name tag - the gold letters spell out the name 'albedo'.

"welcome to wangsheng parlor what can i get you?" albedo had a soft voice causing you to actually examine him.

"uh...i'll have..um..."

"you must be new here. may i make a recommendation?"

he's so kindlskjfklsdjf

"o-f course." you respond (still out of breath). albedo smiles at your crazed figure before responding.

"well my personal favorite is the woodland dream." he points upward to the menu, and you read the description.

'a full piece of salmon grilled with assorted veggies'

"that...sounds really good!" you grin at the cashier. "i'll take that."

"alright. anything else i can get you?"

"do you guys have any monsters?"

"sorry?"

"monster. like the drink?" your eyes widen seeing his confusion. 

albedo frowns slightly but covers it up with another one of his smiles. "ah. my apologies. i believe we do. but just so you know, it's not very healthy for you-"

"i'll be fine." you reply quickly (although you're never fine). albedo shrugs before ringing you up.

"8.08 mora. it'll be out for you soon!"

you give albedo a wave before sitting down at one of the seats. 

anti-childe gang

no lowkey does anyone here know albedo??

objection
sort of? i mean he goes to our school-

wait since when-

windblade
he's in your year

oh

windblade
why do you ask?

he was the cashier at this place

objection
i never expected that...

why?

windblade
well he's a chem major!

oh

objection
has n/n fallen in loveee?

NO
ur crazy yanfei

windblade changed your nickname from "thenexttommyhilfiger" to "albedosimp"

I AM NOT AN ALBEDO SIMP
TF??
WHAT IS THIS BETRAYAL-

~*~

your thoughts were interrupted by albedo at your table. 

"your order is ready miss..?"

it takes you a moment before you realize that he's asking for ur name.

"oh! y/n. y/n l/n." you respond, taking the tray from his hands.

"ah. well, enjoy miss l/n." the way your name slips off his tongue (im sorry that was so cringy) gave you chills.

"thank- you albedo." 

the moment you take a bite, you're filled with pure shock at its flavor. 

holy shit who made this omg-

afterwards you chug your 7th monster of the day - not knowing that albedo was watching you and sighing (bc monsters r bad for u don't chug 7 a day)

when you finish you walk back up to the counter. 

"hey albedo?"

"oh...hello y/n."

"i just wanted to say, that dish was amazing- and i think you have another regular here." you laugh. 

"that's great." 

a bold move, but you write your number on a piece of paper, fold it and give it to him. 

"we should hang out sometime albedo. see you soon!" you beam before waving and leaving the cafe.

albedo stared blankly at the piece of paper in your hand.

"y/n l/n? huh."