11

days passed and at last it was christmas eve. you and your roommates spent the whole day setting up, and finalizing presents.

"alright, so we have albedo, xingqui, xiangling, zhongli, chongyun, aether, and ganyu coming, correct?" i nodded as yanfei listed names from a scrap of paper. 

"perfect, they'll coming in 30 minutes. xiangling is bringing the food early by the way."

speaking of the devil, you heard a knock on the door, which was supposedly xiangling. when you opened it, xiangling engulfed you in her arms, almost dropping the bags of food and gifts. the three of you helped her bring it to the kitchen, and waited for the others.

time began to pass as people began showing up. first was aether, who ran in with a matching christmas sweater as lumine. next was the rest of the liyue group chat, xingqiu and chongyun, carrying an excessive amount of bags. ganyu arrived seconds after, knocking down aether in the process of sprinting in.

lastly was albedo and zhongli, who presumably came together from work. when you saw albedo, a smiled formed on your face and you ran to him.

"hey! merry christmas." you wrapped your arms around his neck and leaned your head on his shoulder, feeling him tense slightly. 

"merry christmas y/n." i felt his arm wrap around my waist, holding me tightly.

"alright, break it up lovebirds, its food time." lumine laughed, leading us to the kitchen, where everyone was. "everyone! dig in!"

chaos erupted.

xingqiu and chongyun battled over the first plate, ending with a victory for xingqiu. ganyu knocked over aether (again) while running for the bowl of mashed potatoes. xiangling realized she left her 'secret sauce' in the car and spent 5 minutes looking for it, only to find out that it was in her purse. zhongli began a quiet speech to himself about osmanthus wine. yanfei and lumine were chugging eggnog, seeing who could go longer.

"this is, quite the party." albedo said, after many people crashed down due to either alcohol or sugar. some were cuddling by the fire, some were playing board games, and since it was almost midnight, you wanted to open up presents.

"everyone!" the entire dorm quieted, besides the sounds of some waking up. "i think it's time for gifts."

and yet again, chaos erupted.

you were trying to pass out your gifts while other tried grabbing from under the tree. in the end, lumine had to tell everyone to shut up before she took all their gifts.

one at a time, you began to open up presents. a book on how to start a fashion brand from lumine. some fabric and candy from yanfei. a set of fountain pens from chongyun. pillow stuffing from aether. a pretty flower embroidery kit from ganyu (you never learned embroidery fully). a suspicious amount of gift cards from zhongli. a full set of needles and thread from xingqiu. a waffle maker from xiangling. you were having the best christmas you could ever dream of.

as people hugged and gave thanks, albedo tugged on your arm and motioned to go onto the balcony. your heart raced as you grabbed his gift and slowly following him outside.

"so."

"so."

silence.

you handed him your present with a shaky hand, as did he. 

"so you wanna do it at the same time or what?" 

"you go first y/n." you opened the small, nicely wrapped box, steadying your hand. inside the box was a book shaped locket, with the words engraved saying 'my dearest, y/n'.

"i-i-i love it, thank you so much." you were in utter shock. albedo took the chain and clasped it around your neck. "your turn now."

albedo quickly unwrapped the gift, pulling out the simple cardigan you made him. 

"it's not much, probably not more than the locket but-"

"did you make it?"

"yes.."

"i love it."

albedo pulled on the cardigan, matching his outfit already. he looked up at the sky and back at you, and pulled you into an embrace.

you hugged him back, as the two of you stepped closer to the railing.

"merry christmas my dearest." you heard him mumble, resting your head on his shoulder. "my dearest y/n."

a/n: my dearest, y/n