12

sometimes - no, most of the time, things didn't go your way. it was one of your flaws that you couldn't fix. whether it wasn't being able to turn in things on time due to countless personal matters, or being framed for something you never did.

but this? this was not one of those times. this was the happiest moment of your life. sitting on the balcony, watching the stars, leaning on albedo's shoulder as he held you close to his chest.

this time, it went your way.

"merry christmas albedo."

a comfortable silence fell between you two. until of course, your chaos, ruckus causing roommate had to interrupt.

"y/n!- oh shit- sorry- uh- we-uh-we're just gonna-board game- if you want-ok-bye" you could hardly understand the nonsense flowing out of yanfei's mouth, but laughed and nodded.

"so, you up to play some games y/n?"

"are you up to losing, albedo?" you smirked. seconds after, the two of you raced inside like little children. you ended up tripping over the rug, resulting in falling right onto albedo, who reached the couch before you.

"three weeks and it's taken you this long to fall for me?" albedo winked, his eyes meeting yours. you felt your heart race at the lack of space between the two.

"i-uh"

"what did i say about no sex on the couch?!" you sat up immediately after hearing yanfei's snarky voice.

"oh would you shut up? this is MY couch, i can do whatever i want." it took you a minute to realize what you had said, even with the group laughing hysterically, and albedo becoming a pink, flustered mess. "wait- not like i would have sex on it, i just mean- you know- i bought the- and the- UGH!" 

"just admit it you two. yalls in love." ganyu commented, earning herself a glare from you. "i mean, uh- bananagrams anyone?"

the rest of the night- or day, considering it was nearing 1 am, was spent playing bananagrams. you, albedo, xingqiu and zhongli practically took turns destroying everyone else, considering the levels of intelligence.

after the long 12 rounds of the game, you and the group moved onto charades. up first was yanfei, who could barely go 2 seconds without talking.

she held up a three, showing that the phrase had three words. for the first word, she purposely, dramatically fell down.

"that has to be falling, right?" you commented, brain hard at work. yanfei nodded and for the second word, went to the door and walked out, before walking back inside.

"door? no. walk? still no?! in??" chongyun guessed twice before getting it correct. for the last word, yanfei made a heart with her hands.

"albedo and y/n!!" lumine shouted. you chocked on saliva and smacked her on the head. you turned to albedo, who was equally as flustered as you. "say- sorry yanfei- i have a better idea. lets get mistletoe!!"

sometimes things dont go your way. this made you feel mixed feelings. it was as if your dream and your nightmare were occurring now, at the exact same time.

"wh-no-i-mean-" you stuttered, trying to avoid being picked up by the twins. albedo was being dragged by zhongli and yanfei. "i dont think- if hes not comfortable- we should just go back-"

"absolutely not, you guys are going under the mistletoe now."

silence. you two were directly under the cursed plant. whos idea was it to make a mistletoe romance tradition? 

"well do it."

you looked up at albedo and met his calming gaze. suddenly, you weren't afraid. you weren't anxious. you thought it was time. time to release all the tension, all the held back feelings, all the romantic gestures, all the flirty comments, all the cuddling, hugging and smiling. it was time.

you stood, tip toes, and caressed his cheek, watching the blinking of his eyes, the uneven breathing, the soft lips. you pulled him down by the neck and crashed your lips together, finally breaking the friendship.

cheers erupted all around you, as you let go. albedo smiled.

"it was time?"

"it was time."

a/n: sometimes, we want things to go our way. and sometimes, a story needs to end. its time. (just kidding we got one or two more chapters coming, i love you all)