7

"al-albedo?" you stared at the boy, who's eyes widened when he saw you.

"oh, y/n? you know aether?" he asked, and you replied with a nod. aether looked between the two of you with a curious face.

"albedo and y/n know each other? well that's great!  come on you guys, lets go get lunch." lumine, yanfei and aether began to talk to each other, which left you with albedo.

"so..." you started, proceeding to walk. albedo gave you a soft smile.

"i'm glad your here. i was afraid i wouldn't know anyone besides aether." you chuckled and glanced downward at your feet.

"those three together is a very chaotic mix. thanks for being here to help me deal with them." albedo let out a laugh, moving slightly closer to you - since a group of people were walking on the other side.

"what plans do you have for the holidays?" he wondered, meeting your gaze. 

"i was planning to invite some people over. you're welcome to come along of course. it probably won't be too big - seven or eight people max."

"if you'll have me over, then i shall. it will be nice."

you flushed. "yes, it really will."

"snap out of it lovebirds, we're here." yanfei yelled, causing the albedo to look away embarrassed. you sent yanfei a glare and placed your hand on albedo's shoulder.

"don't mind her, she likes to bug people. she's a really nice person though." you reassured him, who's face was still slightly pink.

"i- i see. she's very...."

"..explosive?" albedo regained his composure and sighed.

"yes, she's very explosive."

the five of you walked into the restaurant. a friendly face from the university - lisa from mondstadt - was at the desk.

"hello sweeties, can i help?" she sent you a flirtatious wink, causing you to blush slightly.

"i- uh- table f-for five please." you stuttered, earning a grin from the waitress.

"of course, follow me." she picked up the menus and gestured to follow her. "i'll be back when you cuties are ready to order, mk?"

"y-yes, thank you." you buried your face in your hands due to embarrassment. whether it was help on homework, or hanging out at the sports games, lisa had always had a weird affect on you.

albedo sat next to you. "have you been here before?"

"once i think." you responded, looking up to pick a glass of water. "it was probably when i was a kid though."

"ah." albedo hummed, reaching for his glass like you. he felt relieved when he saw you drink water. the three first years shared a glance then looked back at the two of you.

aether cleared his throat. "so y/n, how did you meet albedo?" he questioned, earning a giggle from yanfei and lumine.

you blink and replied. "at the wangsheng cafe, why?"

"just wondering. hey albedo, what was your first impression of y/n?" albedo looked confused before he sighed.

"well, she ran in like a crazy person, asked for a meal and an energy drink, and then gave me her number. i'd say i thought she was slightly insane, and very unhealthy." the three howled in laughter while you turned towards albedo and pouted.

"i looked like a crazy person!? you could have at least told me." 

albedo smiled. "you seemed very tired. i didn't want to bother."

you chuckle. "well you know, i've slept so little i can officially smell colors."

albedo's eyes widened. "how are you still alive y/n?!"

you sigh dramatically. "that's the question i've been asking myself everyday." 

lumine chimed in. "she hasn't slept for 2 days straight. the last time she did was when we all went to watch the new spiderman for the 3rd time."

you giggled nervously and albedo facepalmed.

"y/n, you need sleep. don't make me drive to your dorm and force you to sleep." you flushed slightly.

"you can't make me do anything, you're not my mom!" you whined playfully.  

"ready to order dearies?" lisa had returned holding her notepad and pencil.

"yes! thank you lisa!" all five of you ordered and lisa left, leaving the you to your conversation.

"so albedo, are you going to y/n's christmas party?" lumine asked, taking a sip of sprite. 

albedo looked away slightly. "if she will have me, then yes." you laughed.

"don't be so serious albedo, of course i'll have you. you've been such a good friend to me. and you've helped me a shit ton with my health and stuff, so thank you."

"anytime y/n." yanfei placed her hand on her heart and sniffled.

"young lov-"

"you're literally younger than us yanfei." you stammered, scooting ever so slightly away from albedo. 

albedo cleared his throat. "christmas is really close now. in 3 days actually."

"i know- oh yeah, the party is actually on christmas eve, since that's when most people are available." you explained.

"ah. thank you for telling me. i'll be sure to come that night." you grinned and sipped more water. "i'm glad you're actually drinking water y/n."

you looked down at your glass. "to be honest, it tasted like pie so i thought it was a new flavor of monster. i guess that's the perks of being able to smell colors."

the group chuckled at you, as the meals were served. 

you were happy you could spend time with your friends. and with albedo. because you knew for a fact that you wanted to be with albedo, for a long, long time.