005. Consequences Catching Up..

A ball of moving light, so bright it was hard to even follow its tail of energy with a glance, was thrown at Daisy Vince's chest the second she attempted stepping forward towards the now defenseless pair

A ball of moving light, so bright it was hard to even follow its tail of energy with a glance, was thrown at Daisy Vince's chest the second she attempted stepping forward towards the now defenseless pair. Peter ran out of webs and he was certain his agility and strength will not help against whatever that big bad of Universe 2709 was, while Wendy just used up the entirety of her two day supply of Multiversal energy to re-write reality into saving him. Frozen in place there, that attack of pure light came from behind them, from above. It staggered Daisy several feet back.

At the very same time, still holding their hands on each other's upper or lower arms, Peter and Wendy turned around and saw a woman step out of a round portal with an equally bright frame, compared to its pitch black insides. She did not seem like much in terms of attire, but perhaps just the type of woman who just finished her entire Christmas shopping list and is now eager to discard any worn layer above the ugly red and green sweater which got her in a festive mood. On hers was written a very classic catchphrase: "Sleighin' it."

But attires are often misleading. 

This woman was flying. Floating high off the ground, above their heads and holding under each of her down-facing palms a similar ball of light to the one she attacked Daisy with successfully, the woman landed gently, without much sound, between the big bad and the pair, dropping mid air her coat and scarf right into Peter and Wendy's arms.

Holding a coat to his chest, Peter's wide eyes were pretty sure he was staring at a witch. He turned his head, towards Wendy and whispered, "Is she with you?"

"I thought she was with you," Wendy whispered back, holding the scarf. While Peter's eyes were glued on the fight about to commence apparently, just in case he needed to pick Wendy up and run for their lives, she was more interested in looking up and seeing the portal with white frame through which this woman came. Even from down there, far below it, upon its closing, Wendy felt a faint scent of... the Multiverse.

Daisy snarled. It's been a while since anyone stood a chance against her in the sense that they could land such a nasty hit like the one she just underwent. What angered her more than the possible competition was the fact that she saw that sort of power before, just on a much more intense color, harder to miss: red.

"The Scarlet Witch?" Daisy exclaimed. "What is this, reunion of the dead?"

"Daisy?" the woman tilted her head to the side for even just one second of hesitation. A certain tenderness hid in the moment of weakness which, as fast as it came by simply hearing a familiar voice, it also left, replaced brutally by a narrowing of her eyes and an intensifying glow of the orbs of light she created, handled and controlled. Her light was beginning to exceed viewable limits, so little by little, their spherical center started turning black; through them, now seemingly see-through, everything in terms of color remained inverted darkness with only an outline of bright white.

Wind picked up around this woman. It blew through her brown hair in violent waves and the souls of her feet started lifting off the ground once more. She seemed to have just convinced herself that wherever she knew Daisy from, who she was facing there was different in almost every way.