005. No Way Out..

Steve Rogers knew only as much as the only friend he had left was able to comprehend of their visitors from another world. Long had Bruce Banner studied the concept of the Multiverse without success and fast will be his progress once he'd have two specimens from different worlds ready to be cracked open and studied on just how they tick, on how they are able to leave their home universe at all. Because for many years now, escaping that hell has been their only goal.

"Spider-Man?" Steve pulled his hand out of the web and off the ground, turning around and glancing over his shoulder, manically amused to see Peter entering a fight position. In a moment of madness, it made him realize just how much he's been looking forward to having a new adversary than the same old people he had learnt inside out for thousands of years of imprisonment in a shared cell. So, even if Peter was not the focus of him deriving from his reign of terror on another neighborhood, Steve was glad some danger out sprung just for him, to pull him out of the ordinary, out of that banality.

Peter's mind finally focused, feeling the threat's guillotine nearing down on not just his neck, but Wendy's too, and from the two of them, he imagined, with good reason, only he'd be able to hold back the fight until her watch will cooperate and let them leave yet another terrifying universe. If only that haze around his head did not return so soon, so abruptly...

It made him jump around, only half as fast as whatever made Steve Rogers capable of teleporting from the ground in front of people to standing right before Wendy. 

Dr. Banner told him, out of their two visitors, the female had the strongest energy signature. Peter was just the bonus through which Rogers should finally be able to release some of his unchecked for anger. 

With wide eyes, Wendy realized far more things, in count, about what this universe was about to become, what this universe would have been for her if she were to indulge into visiting it in her own time, without any company with experience in the sorts of violence demanded there simply for the bare minimum of safety. Just by seeing Steve Rogers phase between states of existence until he was in front of her, sparks of ideas flashes before her mind's eyes. 

Their tries at exploring the Multiverse tried to revolve around the Quantum Realm and the space between atoms, she pursed her lips far faster than fear could take over her senses, perhaps move her out of the way of his rageful mission. Because if Steve Rogers gave away his body to another pointless experiment, then he was desperate enough to do far more to get out of Universe 2714, even kill.

His red fists came for Wendy. First, his right hand reached out to grab her neck and in the next second, web made out the space between his spread fingers, resistance posed from the strained white, almost transparent string, and a brutal force exercised by Peter's sudden desperation to protect Wendy pulled that hand back. But then Steve's left hand reached forward too.

Wendy was frozen. She was shocked. Never had she met anyone so violently eager to... Use me? she wondered. 

Peter webbed the other hand too and, twisting the two wires together, he pulled them back with both his hands. That was about the first moment he truly regretted forgetting his suit in a plastic bag, back in a universe which has probably already disappeared and he'll never return too. These clothes he was wearing were not allowing any comfortable flexibility.

Pulled back, Steve Rogers grunted. He let himself fall on his back to balance out that fall on a curved spine and kick his feet up until he jumped back to his feet. His arms hugged to the front of his chest, fists under his chin, holding on so tightly that another equivalent force dragged Peter into stumbling forward two steps. 

Captain America's atoms phased out again. For a fracture of a second, it seemed as if he glitched between being a hologram of existence and actually having a physical body. Then, right after a blink's length, he was behind Peter, wrapping his own webs around his neck.