One decision

Maya POV
Carina and I are both getting ready for work. Carina's in the shower and I'm about to leave
"Carina, I need to go, I'll see you tomorrow morning" I yell to her
"Ciao Bella, I think I'll come see you when I'm done my shift" she yells back
"Be careful, there's supposed to be a big ice storm today, don't drive to the station if the roads are bad. Be careful"
"Bambina if its that bad I doubt I'll be leaving the hospital, I'll probably stay to help out. Either way I'll talk to you later, I love you, be safe"
"Love you too"

We have a quiet morning on shift, the weather's not too bad yet. We're all just chatting while doing maintenance and inventory and taking turns talking to Diane who's here to check on everyone because of Miller. Then there's a call for Aid 19, I'm on aid car with Sullivan today, not my favourite person to be paired with but we can usually work together with no problems. The storm's picking up and the roads are getting worse as we drive to the call. The call's fairly simple, we get the patient stabilized and bring him out to the aid car, the conditions have gotten even worse while we were inside.
"Sullivan, I think we should radio Beckett, wait until the roads clear" I tell him
"You can ask him but I think we're fine to drive to Grey Sloan, it's not that bad"
I get on the radio anyways "this is aid 19 to captain Beckett" I say into my radio
A few seconds later he answers "copy aid 19"
"We are on location with the victim. Patient is stable and road conditions are rapidly worsening, requesting permission to delay transport until conditions improve"
"Negative Bishop, shelter in place has not been issued, continue with transport"
"All due respect sir, the person in charge of that decision is not in the same location as us. Conditions do not look safe for driving"
"Bishop, you are not captain, this is not your decision. Transport the patient to Grey Sloan now!"
"Yes sir"

I turn to Sullivan. "You could have backed my opinion you know"
"I agree with Beckett, there's no shelter in place order and the patient needs treatment"
I turn from him and start walking towards to driver's door.
Sullivan stops me. "If you're so concerned about the driving conditions, stay with the patient I'll drive"
He takes the keys from me, I want to argue with him but I also want to get off the road before it gets worse so I just get in the back.

Sullivan's driving us to Grey Sloan, he seems to be driving fast, definitely faster than he should be with all the ice on the roads
"Sullivan, slow down. The patient is not emergent and road conditions are bad"
"How about you focus on the patient and stop telling me what to do"
"What is you're problem- "

I stop talking as the aid car starts sliding, I hear a crash then I'm thrown across the aid car and black out.

Back at 19
Engine 19, Ladder 19, requested for single vehicle crash...
Everyone runs to get their gear and get in the trucks

Station 23
Aid 23, requested for single vehicle crash...
Andy and Ruiz jump up and run to the aid car

————————————————————————————————————————————————
A/N
First chapter, hope you liked it! Sorry for the cliffhanger!