Camping

Sorry it's been sooo long since I've posted! I got really busy with school and work and was struggling with what to write. But here's another chapter finally and I have the next chapter partially written so hopefully it won't be too long before I have that ready.
————————————————————————

Carina woke up early to get everything ready. She's been planning this day with everyone from 19 for a few weeks, keeping it secret from Maya. Today is 6 months. Carina wanted to plan something that Maya enjoyed that she hasn't done since the accident, to remind her she can still do all the things she loves. She didn't want it to be anything that involved being around a lot of people because it's going to be a very emotional day for both of them and Maya hates showing her emotions in public. Also because neither of them will be able to handle peoples comments and stares today, that's hard enough on regular days. So she started planning with Andy and they decided to include the rest of 19. She's also been talking to Amelia as well as Maya's physical and occupational therapists to make sure everything will work.

Once she has everything packed she wakes Maya, kissing her and playing with her hair. Maya pulled her arm up, trying to cover her face before waking up enough to realize it's Carina. When she does she gives up on bringing her arm up and turn her head to face her.

"Morning" she says sleepily

"Buogiorno, are you ready to get up?"

"You usually want me to stay in bed longer"

"Well, I have plans today"

"What plans?"

"You'll find out soon"

"Hmm, surprise plans. I guess I'll get up to find out" Maya says, holding her arm out to Carina for her to sit her up, not wanting to use the bed to lift her up. It let her sit up and get out of bed independently which was nice but sometimes she wanted Carina to help instead.

"Si, you do. Get dressed or breakfast first?" Carina asks after pulling her to sitting, holding her up.

"I'll get dressed" she decides, moving her arms from wrapped around Carina's neck to support herself so Carina could let go.

20 minutes, and an unsuccessful attempt on Carina's part to convince Maya to wear shorts, later Maya was dressed, in pants, and in her chair.

After breakfast they got in the car and started driving.

"Where are we going?" Maya asks

"You'll find out when we get there"

"How long until we get there!"

"You're not very patient this morning"

"I was planning on us staying home today"

"I know but I wanted something fun to do today, I promise you're going to like this"

"Ok"

After driving for a while they pulled into a parking lot. Maya thought it looked familiar but it took her a minute to recognize it.

"What are we doing here?" She asks, confused

"Camping" Carina says as she parks next to a big van.

"Car, I can't. This is a hike-in camp ground, I can't even push my chair over little bumps on the sidewalk, there's no way I can go on the trail. You probably can't even push me over the trail and I'll fall over. And how would I even get in a tent and I can't help you set anything up." She says, starting to freak out.

"Bambina, calmati." Carina says, reaching over to her. "One minute, I'm coming over there." Carina gets out of the car and walks around to Maya's door, waving Andy away when she sees her coming over.