maybe, maybe i like her

it's saturday night, and the group of six can be seen doing their own thing in the living room. they discussed spending every saturday night at someone's residence in the group. and tonight, they will be having a sleepover at liz's house.

they are in their own world when the television is still on; they can't watch horror movies because Liz is terrified, and they find it boring. but since it's liz's house, liz's rules, they can't do anything aboug it. so just some random cliched love story is playing.

the four are on the floor, gaeul, the oldest, is the only one who isn't bored, she's just too engrossed in the movie. while the youngest, Leeseo, near gaeul, is already dozing off. wonyoung can't stop taunting the second oldest, yujin. yujin is becoming irritated at wonyoung, but she can't make a sound since leeseo is going asleep. then liz and rei, who are sitting on the couch.

rei.

she's been so preoccupied with her phone the last several days that I can't talk to her properly. i don't want to bother her because she seemed to be having a good time conversing with someone. it makes me glad to see her happy, but watching her happy chatting to someone else? i'm not sure.

should I be happy? sad? mad?

happy since she can now socialize a little bit at a time? she's talking to only the five of us so it's new for us especially for me. i'm friends withe her ever since the day she came from jeju

i'm sad because i can't catch her attention anymore. she is no longer paying attention to me- no, to 5 of us

mad? but why should I? who am I to be upset? i'm just her friend anyway

my thoughts are interrupted when I notice that someone is standing beside me; i lift my head only to see liz, smiling as she walks out to the living room, holding the phone in her hand, collecting her jacket close to the door, and left her house without saying a word.

"jinnie," i called yujin, who was on the floor to my left. "huh?" she says, looking at me.

"can you tell me the time?"

"it's 12:05, why?"

and where on earth does she think she's going when it's already after midnight?

i instantly got up from my seat, grabbed my stuff from the table, and left the house.

where the hell is she?

i kept going till I heard two voices conversing not too far away.

i walked closely to where the noise coming and fortunately, there is a bush in front of me.

"hey," says a familiar voice

"liz, you arrived," which caused me to freeze in place

"obviously"

i knew i shouldn't be here, but i couldn't help but wonder to whom she was speaking.

i've been hiding here for about a minute and can't hear anything-

what? silence?

the silence isn't helpful; it makes me want to know where they are and what they're up to.

i take a peek at them after a little moment of constraint

third.

eyes that are wide and shocked

rei was taken aback by the scene.

liz...

kissing the guy