that unfamiliar name that tickled my lips

the title is from rei's line in eleven. just letting you guys know ^^

Rei has trouble remembering people's names. she can't always recall the names of people she used to know. now she's staring at the barbie doll-like girl in front of their table, trying to recall the name she just told the class earlier.

"you," the tallest of her friends stated, piqued her interest. Yujin observed that she's been looking at the girl for almost 5 minutes now, and Yujin senses that the other girl is aware of it, and she senses that the said girl is uneasy. "you've been gazing at her for about 5 minutes, would you stop?" everyone's gaze in the group shifted to Rei. "i'm very sorry," rei said nervously, "it's just that I can't remember her name. i'm trying to remember it." she glanced down at the ground, embarrassed.

"i'm sure you're distracted once more. daydreaming while presenting herself in front of our class? " said Gaeul, the oldest of the group. Rei forgetting names is not new to them. probably because when someone introduces themselves to their group, in class, or whenever rei is involved, she's always distracted with her thoughts. she's always in her deep thought. but what's new to them and surprises them is that, Rei is trying to remember her name. she's never done that to someone before. she's never interested like that and never desperate to stare at them for 5 minutes.

"that's new," Yujin said. Rei gives her a what-do-you-mean look. "you want to know her name, huh? that surprised me and unnie," she added as she ate her ice cream. Rei sighed and nodded, "i know." she looks over at the other table, only to notice that the barbie doll-like girl is also gazing at her.

she gave her a grin.

and the girl returns the smile

the two older students who are watching Rei and the new transfer student interact can't help but grin. seeing Rei get interested in someone is a lot of pleasure to see since you can feel what they're feeling, the butterflies. the two can't stop themselves from making fun of the younger.

"we have a challenge for you," Gaeul stated. Rei observes the two giggling at one other. "it had better be an excellent idea," rei replied.

"don't worry, you'll thank us for this," Yujin remarked.

"what?"

"do you want to know what her name is?"

the bell sounded, indicating that it was time for them to leave. Rei is tidying her belongings and stuffing them into her bag. as soon as she went out of the room, she began to recall what her friends had said to her earlier in the cafeteria. her two friends are not in the same class as her, but the girl whose name she has forgotten is. she stops walking and considers whether she should take the challenge or simply forget about it because this is not her. she does not behave in this manner.

when she turned around, she watched the blonde girl and the tall girl yujin is dating walk out of the room, her thoughts were interrupted. She can't help but gaze at the blonde as they pass by her. Rei was speechless because he was in a state of shock.

"yah! naoi rei!" she exclaimed as she heard her name. when she turned around, she noticed her friends racing towards her. "why didn't you talk to her?" the two are really monitoring what rei will do earlier, but rei simply stands there and does nothing. "she's with the girl you're dating," Rei remarked, looking down and pouting, as she began walking with the two following her. "you didn't recall my girl's name?" yujin asks, rei shaking her head towards Yujin. "it's wonyoung. won-young," she say, hoping that Rei will remember it. "you hear me? it's wonyoung. you're my friend, don't forget your friend's girlfriend," rei laughs at her unnie's antics.

"i heard they're going to fetch wonyoung's cousin, Leeseo," rei looks at gaeul, her brow furrowed, "how did you know?" gaeul merely shrugs.

"are you going to walk home with your girlfriend?" inquires Rei.