Donut Shop Regular

Peter Parker. That name... It seems familiar but I don't know why. Maybe I had another Peter Parker walk through those doors? But something was oddly familiar about it. As if I got some sort of DeJa Vu just by hearing it. Not only that he had a note, what was that?

"Ned, do you know that guy?" I say as I walk over to a close friend of mine who was busy typing on his phone, sitting at the countertop. We both managed to get into MIT together so we hang out quite a lot, we have done for about two years now. We're both part of the Decathlon team so we developed it there.

"What guy?" He responded, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"The guy who just walked into the shop?" I questioned.

"A guy came into the shop?" He finally looked up, looking around and then to me. "There's no guy here."

"He just left. You didn't notice him?"

Ned just shook his head. "No, why? Was he a secret spy or something?"

"Ned. Why would a secret spy walk into a coffee shop, and say he was a secret spy?"

"I don't know, but it would be cool right? Like an avenger walking in." Neds eyes lit up, we were 17 but he really was a child at heart.

"I don't think an Avenger would come to a donut shop in the middle of New York."

"I'm sure Clint Barton has come in at some point?"

"Nope. Never." I shook my head. "I don't even think Spider-Man would."

"So that guy wasn't a Spy, or an Avenger? What's so special about him?"

"I don't know. He just seemed weird." I began. This Peter Parker guy did act far from normal. "He looked at me oddly, he somehow knew; 'if you expect disappointment, you won't be disappointed ', he also asked me about MIT. How would he know that?"

"Seems a little creepy." Ned said, his nose turning upwards. "He knows a lot about you considering he was a stranger."

"Yeah. I'll look out for him." As I finished my sentence a regular customer who had been coming since I first started working here walked through the doors.

"Oh, that snow is a nightmare!" She spoke, she was a lovely old lady who snuck one of her cats in every time she visited, I have a feeling she's one of those 'crazy cat ladies' as each time she brought in a different cat. I have a prediction she has 20 of them at least.

"Ms Bilver! Is it the usual today?" I asked, we had developed this weird friendship, I was always friendly with her and we have a nice conversation every time.

"You know it MJ!" She spoke as she sat down by the window.

I began sorting her order, asking her a couple of questions to start a conversation. "Who's with you today?" I ask as I pour some coffee into a cup.

"Little Ivan. He's a little rascal, loves to run around, I'm hoping that if I bring him here it will calm him for a few hours." She spoke in such a way that was calming and somewhat soothing, it made the afternoon shift feel like such a breeze. "Ivan's always playing from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep. He's only a kitten though."

I finish up her coffee and grab a donut from the shelf, placing it in a bag. She always bought a chocolate glazed donut with sprinkles without fail. I walked over to her table, placing it down in front of her. I notice the gray kitten playing with the laces of Ms Bilvers coat, biting the string every few seconds. "He's beautiful." I say.

"Oh dear. What happened to you?' She spoke pointing out my bandaid.

"Oh, it's nothing, I just hit my head yesterday. It's no big deal, it doesn't hurt anymore."