Nobody Should Spend New Years Alone.

Why the hell was New Years Eve... in a donut and pastry shop... the busiest it's been in a while. It seems as though everyone is wanting a coffee and a pastry to keep them going for the night out on the town. I saw some people done up nicely already, some bought like $50 worth of goods, likely for a party that they'd be having later in the night.

Peter had come at his usual time of 3pm, though I asked him to come back at the end of my shift. I anticipated the crowd and wanted to ask him something, and I didn't think doing that when a line was hanging out the door was a good idea. I soon finished the shift, cleaned up a little before waiting with my own coffee outside. It was keeping me warm this winter.

I tapped my foot as I waited and watched the steam from my breath swirl in the air. Peter did know the time I finished as I told him when I asked him to meet me, and now he was nearly 5 minutes late. I hear sirens that were going off in the distance come to a stop before hearing a yell. It was muffled but I could make out a 'You're welcome!' Before I see Spider-Man swing out of the commotion. I hoped Peter hadn't been caught up in it.

Soon, as I'm about to leave I see Peter walk up, out of breath. "You're like 10 minutes late. Peter Parker."

"Sorry I-" He began, I cut him off.

"Don't do it again." I wasn't mad, but it was a little annoying how I had to wait. "Can we walk?" I gesture down the path in front of us. He just nodded and we walked. "I wanted to ask you some questions, when I'm not in a work environment. If that's okay?"

He looked at me puzzled for a moment before smiling. "Of course."

"Why do you come to the shop?" I ask. I was curious.

"I... I just thought it was a cute little shop, it's called Peter Pan, it matches my name which is cool." He spoke.

"Nothing else?"

He was hesitant. "Nothing else."

"I also wanted to ask... Why the honey? I mean seriously-" I stop my tracks and start laughing, which he joins in with. "No, I'm kidding." I then stop walking and get serious again. "Will you, maybe, want to join me and my friend for New Years? We're going to Times square. I know it's mostly a tourist thing, but I never went as a kid, so..." I found out I was looking at the ground the whole time, not really giving any eye contact, when I looked up I noticed that loving look again he always did. "...You seem like you're alone a lot and I don't want anyone to be alone on new years." I then shake my head. "You've probably got family, I'm sorry."

"No, no it's fine. Really. My Aunt was my guardian. I live alone now." Peter frowned.

"I'm so sorry." I say. I got emotional for some reason. "The offer is still open, like I said no one should spend New Years alone."

"Yes."

"What?" I say. I wasn't expecting him to say yes. We haven't known each other for long, even then we're barely acquaintances. "Really?"

"Yeah." He smiles, "It will be nice not having to watch it on a laptop screen alone, with a mug of hot chocolate."

We begin walking again. "That does actually seem nice." I say. "It's cosy."

"What time are we meeting?"

"We're going now."

"Now?"

I nod, "I finished so late today that I'm meeting at my friend's house. He knows I've asked you." I say. "You aren't busy are you?"

"Uh." He had a moment to think, it was obvious by his face, "No I'm not."