Coffee... date?

Coffee dates are my favourite type, yes they require some small talk; but all in all they can be cosy and cute. Cafés are often quite and a friendly atmosphere, I liked that. Inside the café it wasn't too busy, people sat quite apart and the line wasn't too long.

"Hi."

"Hi." He spoke, "Want me to find a table while you order?"

"Are you forcing me to pay?" I joke. He stands there like a deer in headlights. "I'm joking. I'll pay, I know how you are with money right now." I softly smile at him before heading to the counter as he releases a sigh of relief. I look over to him as he sits at a table in the window, he was looking out of it, watching the people and cars go past. He looks over at me which leads me to look away, just in time for me to order.

I order the drink and as the worker makes the drinks they attempt small-talk. "Coffee, in the afternoon?" They began, "You must be busy?"

"School, exam week. Its stressfull" I shrug. "Plus. I'm on a date."

The worker smiles, "Cute. That guy over there?"

I pause, I was caught. "Yeah."

"He seems nice, I see you two working out."  They mutter as they hand me the drinks, "Anything else you need? We do table service, just give a shout."

I nod in response before heading back to the table, "One coffee for Peter Parker, that will be $2.30 please." We laugh as I joke once more, I sit down placing the cups on the table.

Once we calm the laughs, Peter takes a sip of the drink, "It's not as good as you make it."

"I guess I am the best maker of the coffee with a drizzle of honey in it." I mutter.

And then there's a pause and we both look out the window, it wasn't an awkward pause. It was a nice pause, we didn't feel like we had to say anything and could just enjoy each others company for a moment, then I turned back to him, he was still looking out the window, sipping his coffee. He looked calm it was nice to see. I then interrupt his people-watching. "Peter?" I begin, placing my hand on his. "I want to get closer to you." He pulls his hand away in fear - it was obvious. I frown as I pull my hand away "I'm sorry was that too-"

"No, no. Sorry." He frantically spoke, scrambling and stuttering on his words. "I just didn't expect you to hold my hand." So it wasn't out of fear.

"Oh." I say before continuing my previous statement. "I still want to get close."

"I." He seemed to stutter, not knowing what to respond. From his point of view he's probably worried about the dangers of being friends with him, but I don't care about that. "I..."

"It's okay. We can take it slow, we don't even have to be 'Best friends.' " I say. "I just want to spend time with you, not just have you visit the coffee shop, or just face timing. I want to go out, like were doing now." I continue explaining. "I want you to join the friend group."

He shook his head, he seemed worried.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know, it's complicated, I want to be friends, I want to get close. There's a lot more to it that I can't explain."

Spider-Man.

The spell.

"I don't mind not knowing everything, I just dont want us to be weird aquaintences." I spoke, I was being serious, if he didn't want more due to the dangers I'm okay with that, if he wants more, I'm willing to risk it.

"Yeah, friends, it might take me a while before im comfortable with the group, can it just be us for a bit?" He had the soft smile, the smile that he's always given me, since the coffee shop. Since we got together, I noticed the love in his eyes, but also the fear, I knew he was worried he would lose me again, I knew he was worried about the dangers, a part of me is too.

"Yeah." But I have to admit.

I love him too much to just let everything go.

Especially after the memories came back.

It seemed as though I was in a world of my own for a moment, it was clear when Peter interrupted me. "You aren't about to faint on me again are you?"

I laugh and shake my head. "No. Just thinking, a lot is on my mind right now."

"I understand, I'm sure I've done it with you the few months I've known you."

Well, that kind of stung, I know he doesn't know that I know, but hearing him say it hurt a little bit, I knew it was for the best, but I want to tell him. "Peter-" I stop when I notice Peter looking where my necklace once was, I knew he noticed it missing. "I lost it a few weeks ago, I've not seen it since."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I got it from someone special to me. I'm sure I have some other things of theirs that I can love, it's just I never took it off, now its-" My rant ends abruptly when I see someone walk in with the necklace. I knew it was mine as it had been broken in a certain way, it was unique and its own. "-it's, being worn by Felicia..."

"What?"

"Look." I nod over to the woman, she looked proud, confident even. Peter looks suspicious. I want to confront her but I don't want to make a scene. "I don't believe it."

"Neither." He sounded angry, I had a feeling I knew why.

"Where do you think she got it?"

"She shouldn't have it."

"Peter, its fine. I'm sure she will look after it." He turned back to me, his face fell from anger to sadness. "I'll go talk to her." I stand up.

"I'm coming with you."