"Somebody call pest control."

The daily bugle can be a really weird source for news, it’s biased with how some news anchors treat different stories, but Betty had an internship there, so in a way it can be trustworthy. It also is one of the first to have details on local and worldwide ‘Avenger’ news, and really the only one who cares so much about the Spider-Man and Black-Cat news. Well you gotta thank J. Jonah Jameson for that, he’s the one who likes to report on Spider-Man as if it’s the only job he has to do, well that’s not exactly true. He’s reported on racial injustice and poor inequality for his entire career. He’s a proud charity organiser and has done so much good... Then he goes around reports “SPIDERMAN WAS SEEN POSSIBLY EATING AN ORPHANED BABY AT A CHARITY FAIR FOR CANCER RESEARCH!”... I really wish I was joking.

Two weeks, it had been, two weeks since the news had come out about the two kissing, Felicia had been her worst self as usual, and Ned, Peter and I had gotten significantly closer. Its amazing to see them become what they once were again. But I could tell Peter had been hesitant every time there was some extra closeness. That was with both me and Ned.

One moment he would be laughing about the most recent Pop-Culture news with Ned and the next? Looking out the window as if he’s in a noir movie debating whether or not he should join his local gang; I couldn’t speak to him as it would reveal that I remembered and would worry him further, but it was certainly getting difficult to keep my mouth shut.

I hated lying, especially to him. Trying to keep it quiet about knowing he was Spider-Man was different, that was the world I had to lie to, it had his loved ones on the line. This lie? It had our friendship, a friendship I’ve tried so hard to get back, on the line and I didn’t know what the outcome would be if I told him I remembered.

As time went by, Peter would say stuff, small stuff that I already knew, but had to pretend I didn’t because I couldn’t. Simple slip ups like that could affect everything.

I had also gotten over the kiss, I mean, it was awful don’t get me wrong, but it wasn’t like he cheated? Despite it feeling like he did. I know now that it’s his decision, if he moves on and I don’t that’s fine, if he doesn’t tell us the truth that’s fine. I know it’s in his best nature, and he wants to keep those he loves safe, but being around him, and seeing his personality shine, it makes me fall in love all over again. Despite everything, he’s the same Peter.

“This Jameson guy really hates Spider-Man, did he break his car or something?” The group was at the café, I was working and they all sat at counter watching the latest Daily Bugle coverage off Betty’s phone as I poured a coffee into Ms Bliver’s cup.

“Betty, he’s not the Hulk.” I say as a walk back over. “I’d say he probably swang by and it caused a tree branch to fall in front of him in central park during a broadcast, and he has hated him ever since. People like Jameson like to hold grudges.”

Ms Bliver chuckled to herself slightly and put her cup down rather loudly to get our attention, “You'd think with all your computers and how clever you are you’d know why he hates him. To me it’s very obvious.” She said this with a slight smirk, but that soon changes to a sombre look out the window.

“John was stationed in Vietnam during the war, off being what he thought was heroism, I mean I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how that war was a sham right? Just killing innocent folks.”

Everyone looks at eachother nodding but Flash just looks confused.

“Well, while he was running around cosplaying his hero 'Captain America',  his wife was at home pregnant with their baby, well some thug decided to rob her and sadly killed her and the baby in a struggle. So take a man that learns he was the villain and instead of actually being the hero that could have protected his wife, you get the kind of man that becomes a civil rights and union man trying his hardest to hold people accountable. He got a medal for killing people and that monster got away because of his mask. I think we all should be accountable right? He says it as much during his broadcasting, seriously if Spider-Man said who he was he’d respect him. Remember when Tony told the world he’s Ironman? J couldn’t stop blushing for months.”