Peter's POV

I understand, I. MJ, Michelle Jones is supposed to be the sole storyteller here. But Peter wanted some of his thoughts on this day documented. I thought I'd give him the reigns of a one-time-only chapter.

I thought about saving this until we were sure about everything, the relationship, whether that's continuing, and when the stuff with Black Cat is resolved. But I had promised, I promised to say it when MJ remembers. I'm not breaking another promise.

"I love you too," I whisper. While waiting for a response, the world felt like it stopped. Was she going to freeze and not want to speak to me again? or would there be some weird unwritten rule that broke once I said it that would break the spell and make everyone remember me again. All the fears are there, running through my mind like a cheetah racing.

"I love you too... too," Confusion was on her face as she tried to figure out the correct response. Which made us both laugh. "Shall we head out to the others and get you home?" She began.

"Don't you have the rest of your shift?" I ask.

"You're extremely hurt. I'd rather risk getting fired than risk you dying of blood loss."

She made a fair point. I got off the desk, and the pair of us walked out into the main area, I limped of course. "We're heading back to my place." I've only ever invited one person to my lack-luster apartment, that was Gwen, who was helping me make it feel like somewhat of a home.

"Wouldn't MJ get fi-"

"We've discussed that. I'll try to get time off or something." MJ says, looking over to me with a soft smile. "I'm going to close up shop while you get dressed." She spoke, squeezing my hand.

I see, Ned, Betty and flash all exchange looks before looking back at MJ smiling. "Well, we will leave you to it," Betty began. "C'mon boys, we can get our coffee's elsewhere." Betty ushered the pair out after Ned handed me a uniform.

"I'm gonna..." I was going to say head to the bathroom to change before I got interrupted.

"Okay. Try not to take longer than 5 minutes."

I nod before heading into the Men's room. Though, once the door closes I lean against it and sigh. Everything in that moment just hit, how MJ remembered on her own, how everything seemed back to the way it was but actually, it wasn't really, Ned didn't know, I couldn't walk the school halls without being told I was trespassing, not that I've tried. College was also around the corner.

I finally step away from the door and put on the uniform, it wasn't the most comfortable, it wasn't my style, but it was wearable. I look at myself in the mirror, I looked worse than I thought, the dirt on my face, the cuts from a very obvious fight with dried blood around it. I wet my hands in the sink, and begin to wash off my face the best I could. I then leave the bathroom.

"You clean up nice." MJ says, she was sat on a stool, resting on her hand.

"I'm not late am I?"