Technology of Interloper-360°

Here's a list of the various technologies used throughout the story of Interloper.

10X-Thrusters

10X-Thrusters are powerful installations into normal thrusters that allow a jet or spacecraft to blast out of the interference of the atmosphere quickly.

You can always use normal thrusters to do this, but it takes significantly longer to perform. The 10X-Thrusters take special fuel apart from regular thrusters, and so aren't used too frequently unless fast traveling is a must.

AP-EC

An Address Protocol Encryption Code (AP-EC) is a standard part of any ship between large heavyweights and small battle jets. It allows a spacecraft to be identified as a teammate or part of a network quickly with a simple scan. A ship's AP-EC can be set multiple times, but only holds one code at a time.

This is how Paxes Defense Force, Angel Vanguard, and all mercenary groups identify a teammate during the heat of battle to ensure no friendly fire can happen as a reticule will simply ignore the spacecraft entirely. The only way to hit a teammate is to manually aim for them and remove friendly fire protocols.

CN-Gateway

The Coordinate Nullifier Gateway (CN-Gateway) is a confidential Angel Vanguard piece of technology. It can best be described as a portal ring that floats in space and bends the distance of space itself to mimic a "teleportation" type of travel. It does not allow a physical form to travel the distance between the starter and destination points, but instead merely lets you appear there without traveling at all.

It is capable of sending personnel, equipment, and armaments without trouble.

Combat Visor

The Combat Visor is a piece of equipment that goes over the eyes to display a HUD useful for combat interactions. Its resting structure is a small, squared box that extends when the center button is pushed.

When activated and worn, the Combat Visor will automatically connect to the user's P.V.D. to display important vital signs like heart rate, sensed trauma, and ammo for a connected firearm. Most importantly, it displays a radar of enemies in the proximate area that only works in tangent with a scanner (manual or automatic).

LLB-Infiltrator

The Laser Lock Bypass Infiltrator (LLB-Infiltrator) allows the user to become transparent to allow the passage of light through their being. However, being transparent means you still won't be able to pass through solid objects, only light.

Sold for a whopping 120,000 credits in the mercenary circle, most scouts and thieves would not have this as a standard piece of equipment and are considered very fortunate to have one in stock.

Oxy-Gate

The Oxy-Gate is a standard passageway placed inside every space station or small mothership. Only installed in the hangar bays, these doors appear to look like giant windows when not around encrypted ships. Thick glass with a view of space from the inside.

To activate the Oxy-Gate, a ship with an encrypted chip must fly close enough and activate the process to let the Oxy-Gate read their status. If the ship is accepted by the gate, the window will turn a bright blue and then turn a translucent blue to signal that it is safe to fly right through.

This allows ships to come and go without dispersing the oxygen inside of a hangar bay, allowing pilots to jump right out of their cockpits without having to wait for more oxygen.

If a ship does not have an encryption chip, the only way in is to destroy the Oxy-Gate. Hangar bays are ready for such an event for the vacuum of space by automatically activating its gravitational field to stabilize pulling. However, any occupants need to wear a helmet for oxygen.

Personal Vitals Diagnostic

The Personal Vitals Diagnostic (P.V.D) is a wrist-worn piece of technology that offers versatile functionality. It has the capacity to link up to the user's nervous interface to display accurate readings of vital signs such as heart rate, poison detection, external/internal injuries, etcetera.

The P.V.D also has communications functionality similar to long-range walkie-talkies. Users can create private channels that share group encryptions with the ability to talk privately or broadcast to the entire group at will. Users can also make a public transmission to talk to all P.V.D. users, even those not listed inside a group channel.

Blocking a voice channel is optional in case a public transmission is spam or unwanted.

The Keeper

The Keeper is a special battle suit owned by Deus. This suit offers massive protection for the wearer, offering several defensive capabilities. Increased strength, speed, agility, damage resistance, extra robotic limbs, and a weapon diffuser to stop incoming conventional photon blasts and explosives.

A typical maneuver is to use the robotic limbs as an extra pair of arms or legs, and one could use it to climb the walls and ceilings of a room. This makes the wearer more agile during interior scuffs to avoid gunfire.

It's also near impossible to sneak up on the wearer as the robotic limbs act as an extensive nervous system to let the wearer know that someone is near but out of sight.