Chapter 32

"you will forever be my always"

_______________________________________

We barely spoke with each other for two weeks. We cleared out the air between us so that we are not avoiding each other. I have tons of exams and he has work to do. In the morning and in the evening he always texts me good morning and good night.

Mom told me I should surprise him and that thought was haunting me for the whole two weeks. It was Friday afternoon and I had nothing to do. Alexander should finish at his work around 5 PM and it's 3 PM right now so that means I have some time to get ready and surprise him at work.

It was raining outside so I decided to go with wide black leather pants, white body with a round neckline and an oversized black leather jacket. I hope these clothes are waterproof because if not I will be wet like a chicken. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, fixed my eyeliner and took my umbrella. On the way down I put on black Martens and took my keys from the car.

I drove myself to his ambulance. There was no one in the hallway, not even Jessica sitting in her usual spot waiting for patients. I walked to the door and heard some voices. He probably had the last patient there so I decided to sit down and wait untill she would come out. Or he.

I sat down and looked around. Everything was designed in neutral colors. I watched the clock ticking on the wall and after 15 minutes I got impatient. My worst habit is that I am not patient at all. I stood up and walked around the chairs. Read a few magazines about women's boobs, hair and make up. It's funny how on page 20 they are writing on how to lose weight and on page 30 how to cook a cake. Society.

I said to myself that if in the next 10 minutes this lady or gentleman won't come out I will leave because I don't even know what I am going to say to him when I see him. Yeah, I should probably think about that.

I could go like 'Surprise!' or 'Hey, how are you doing?' nope, lame. What am I supposed to say? That the weather is not so beautiful today? Or I should tell him I got an A from the chemistry test that he tutored me on. Damn, I should have brought a bottle of wine or a candy box or something.

I stood up and was about to leave because 15 minutes had passed and no one walked out of that door. I turned around but then I heard those voices scream at each other. I walked towards the door to listen. I didn't understand them because of the soundproof door. The voices suddenly stopped. No one was screaming. Nothing. Just silence. I knocked twice and opened the door.

'I am sorry if I'm interrupting but I heard screams and I was wondering-' I stopped talking when I saw what was happening in front of me. My blood stopped flooding in my veins and I felt cold sweat on my neck. I stumbled backwards and shook my head if this was all real or not.

Alexander and Jessica.

They were kissing.

In front of me.

'Olivia, it is not what it looks like' he said and stepped closer to me. He had his hands in the air in defense. I was looking at him like an idiot. I came to surprise him and he was doing this. It's not like we are something but I actually like this guy and maybe I started feeling something more for him.

'It never is, right?' I said and turned on my heel to walk away. I was almost opening the main door when something grabbed my hand and turned me around. I was face to face with Alexander.

'Please, let me explain,' he begged. There was so much anger running through my veins that I wanted to slap him across his handsome face and tell him to fuck himself but I didn't. Instead of that I crossed my arms on my chest and nodded. Are you asking me why? I don't even know myself.

'Thank you. I swear to God, Olivia I didn't want to kiss her. I don't want to be involved with her only professionally' he said and I shook my head in disbelief. I smiled but it didn't really reach my eyes.

'It didn't look like that. You two were eating each other's faces' I said humorously smirking. I couldn't believe I let myself fall for this guy. The worst part was that it didn't go away like I expected it to.

'I don't want to be that guy to go around and blame others for something I was involved in too. I was shocked because she kissed me first and I didn't know she was about to do it. I need you to understand me, Olivia. I would never do that to you' he tried to reach for my arm but I moved him away from his reach. I felt hot tears burning my eyes so I blinked a few times to push them away. I won't let myself cry in front of him.

'Alexander, I actually like you. I opened up for you and I trusted you with my body and my soul. The only thing I never trusted with nobody. I was scared and then you entered my life and I was happy. I know we never promised nothing to each other and that's why this hurts so much. I thought we had something but I was obviously wrong,' I said in a low voice that was scaring me.

'Please, baby, believe me' he said also in a low voice looking at me like a sad puppy. I shook my head.

'Why should I?' I asked angrier than I thought.

'Why, because I love you? Because I think I had from the moment you walked through that door and stared at me with those big eyes. Because every time I am with you I feel alive. Because my skin burns every time you touch me. Because I crave your touch more every day. Right now, I am giving you myself. Anything you ask for, I am yours. I'll give you the world, the moon, the sun anything you ask for I go and try and get it for you. All I ask for is for you to trust me.'

My heart burned with every word that he just said. I was confused and my mind was trying to memorize every word that he just said.

I am yours. I'll give you the world, the moon, the sun anything you ask for I go and try and get it for you.

'Why?' I asked, visibly confused.

'Why I love you?' he asked and I nodded my head. His palm connected with my right cheek and his thumb slowly circled on my skin making me lit on fire.

'Because you feel right. I never had no one in my life to feel this good. I don't want to lose you because you think I did something I didn't' he said and I relaxed into his palm. I closed my eyes and let myself think.

'Alexander?' I said after a few seconds.

'Yes, baby?' he asked and I opened my eyes. I straightened and prepared myself mentally on what I was about to say.

'I think I might be in love with you'