ch 11 || roller rink

third-person pov

Albert ran home to change his shirt, wanting to look more decent. After Albert switched his sweater, he brushed his hair and texted Kaden.

Kaden's pov

Albert: hey Kaden I'm just about to leave! are you there yet?

You: yeah I'm here ill see you in a bit :D

I close my phone and look at y/n giving her a mischievous smile.

"Yeah?" She looks at me.

"Sorry, I was thinking of something funny," I lied to her.

"Oh, okay!" She smiles and looks away.

I wasn't smiling at anything funny. I was smiling because she didn't know that Jessica, Raven, and I had planned for her and Albert to start talking again. Why did they stop talking, to begin with? I have no idea. I think it's pretty stupid, but that's just me.

Albert's pov

I arrive at the skating rink excited to see my friends and to distract me a little, but...

y/n is here.

I look at her, she sees me, and we both look elsewhere. I awkwardly walk over to Kaden and whisper to him.

"KADEN."
"What??"
"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME Y/N WOULD BE HERE!!"
"Whoops, I forgot," Kaden whispers sarcastically while he stands up.
"ALRIGHT GUYS, LET'S GET OUR SKATES!" He exclaims as if his conversation with me didn't happen.

I roll my eyes, get up to get my skates, and then follow Kaden.

Oh my god. WHY IS Y/N HERE??? I mean it's not that I hate her, I want her to stop avoiding me. Whatever I just have to get through this.

y/n's pov

OH MY GOD. WHY IS ALBERT HERE???  I glance over at Jess and Raven but they're looking elsewhere. 

I follow after the others wondering why they invited Albert and keeping my head down. 

"JESS," I whisper shout her name and she comes over to me.

"WHY IS ALBERT HERE?!?!"

"I couldn't tell you, I have no idea." She said with a blank expression as she shrugs her shoulders.

I roll my eyes. I have a feeling that they're plotting something, I have a gut feeling about it.

We eventually get our skates and go onto the rink. I've never been to one before so I'm pretty nervous about skating. I make my way onto the hardwood floors and attempt to skate, however, I lose my balance and just flail my arms around trying to balance. Some other people are here and watched as I swung my arms around.

Albert's pov

"What the..?" I say quietly to myself as I see y/n moving her arms around like crazy.

I think about helping her but decide against it. I have no idea how to approach her without it being awkward. It's so stupid. We stopped talking because of a little embarrassing moment? It just makes no sense. Whatever, I'll just do my best to enjoy this so I don't ruin this moment for myself.  Apparently, we're also going to the movies after this so hopefully, it helps me forget about this.

word count: 480

HELLO OHMHGOS ITS BEEN SO LONG SIVNCE IVE POSTED AN ACTUAL CHAPTER
ANWAYS SORRY THIS ONE IS SO SHORT IVE JAUT BEEN RUNNING OUT OF ODEAS AND FORGETTING I HAVE WATTPAD BUT TAKE CARE FO YOURSELF GO DRINK WATER AND EAT A SNACK!!

-TERRANCE!