Chapter 2: Tweets from Hell

*Sophia's P.O.V.*

I woke up and saw that everyone was getting up so I went with the girls to get ready and to talk on the balcony. Not even 5 minutes into our conversation the door swung upon with Hugo coming through with a drink in his hand. He walked over and handed it to me and I smiled and thanked him before he turned and walked back out and downstairs. "So that's definitely super cute," Chloe said while smiling at me to which I just nod and sip the coffee Hugo had just given me before smiling again.

"He's so nice and has been really sweet to meet especially the two conversations we have had," I said with a smile while continuing to sip my coffee. Eventually, we all go inside and change, and as soon as we get outside Millie gets a text.

"Islanders, get prepared to hear what the public has to say in 'Tweet from Hell'," Millie said which caused everyone to cheer and head out for the challenge. Tyler was chosen by Kaz to be her partner and I was chosen by Hugo to sit and do the challenge while Abbey and Georgia read the tweets out

*Game 3rd person P.O.V.*

"_______ coming in right now was perfect for _______ really seeing a different side of them that is super cute," Abbey read which caused everyone to talk before writing down Millie and Liam even Hugo and Sophia wrote that down. Then Abbey revealed what the tweet was. "Sophia coming in right now was perfect for Hugo really seeing a different side of them that is super cute."

"______ feeling like they can't talk to the girls is really sad," Georgia read which people all wrote down Sophia's name. Georgia then revealed what the tweet was, "Sophia feeling like they can't talk to the girls is really sad." This caused girls to turn and look at her as she looked at the ground. Hugo reached for her hand under the table squeezing it.

"________ and ________ are the cutest couple. Too bad they are going to hit a rough spot thanks to ___________. #sneakysnake," Abbey read which was interesting to hear. Sophia looked at Hugo to see what he was writing to which he wrote Chloe and Toby and Abbey's names down. Sophia was shocked to read it on the board and looked up at Hugo who told her they could speak about it later. Abbey then began to read the response to which was the exact response that Hugo has written on his board. After a few more rounds we got to the final tweet being read by Georgia.

"__________ seems to have a rocky past that seems like they are going to catch up with her. Here's to hoping _______ can handle all the crazy that might come from getting to know her," Georgia read which most people wrote Aaron and Lucinda or Faye and Teddy. Then Georgia read the answer from the tweet. "Sophia seems to have a rocky past that seems like they are going to catch up with her. Here's to hoping Hugo can handle all the crazy that might come from getting to know her," Georgia read which caused Sophia to look down at the ground again. As everyone was heading back to the villa after the challenge Hugo pulls Sophia straight away.

*Sophia's P.O.V.*

"How are you handling everything that has been going on? I know being new in here can't be the easiest thing to do much less this tweet challenge as well," Hugo said as the two of us sat down by the pool.

"I mean it's not nice hearing those negative tweets about me. Especially since I'm trying to make connections here and pursue things with you. I don't want you hearing those things putting you off wanting to get to know me. I guess it's not the best hearing it all. Either way, how are you feeling about everything? I know those tweets weren't the nicest to hear," I said as he put an arm around me for me to rest into his shoulder.

"There is no reason that I wouldn't want to continue to get to know you. I knew from talking to you yesterday that your past isn't an easy topic to talk about. I told you I'm here to listen whenever you are read to talk about it and I mean it. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay especially with the tweets that were directed at you not being so nice," Hugo said making me smile and want to kiss him. He looked at me quite confused and I just giggled before speaking.

"You're just so sweet and so kind that I want to kiss you, but it's quite early so I don't know if that's too forward to say to you," I said before looking down at my hands to see one of Hugo's holding my hand and rubbing his thumb on my hand. He took my other hand that was behind my back and tilted my chin up to look at him.

"I would really like a kiss from you if that's alright," Hugo asked which made me giddy because he asked me before he just did. I nodded and he leaned forward and cupped my cheek and kissed me. We kissed just sweetly with no hunger in the kiss it just felt gentle and a little bit passionate. We only pulled away when we heard cheering occur to which I pulled away and then hid my face in Hugo's chest as he rubbed my back before the boys came and pulled him away from me to go have lads chat. I was joined by the girls at the swings.

"So how was that little kiss with Hugo then," Chloe asked me and I just blushed a lot and then smiled.

"It was nice. He is just so sweet and I can't believe that he's so understanding and so calming," I said which made the girls all smile.

*Hugo's P.O.V.*

"So Hugo how does it feel now that you have kissed Sophia and had some more conversations with her," Teddy asked as he looked at me.

"It was perfect actually. She's really sweet and I feel like we are actually really good together. We have a connection that's for sure and she intrigues me to find out more about her. I don't know why but something about her makes me want to keep pursuing her and to keep learning about her and possibly growing together," I said which made me smile. The boys all seemed to get excited for me and so did the girls when a text came in.

"I've got a text," I hear Kaz scream from the other side of the villa with the girls. "Islanders please head to the fire pit for a recoupling. Boys will pick the girl they want to couple up with the girls not chosen may be dumped from the island," Kaz finished which made us all look kind of shocked. The girls came over and stood at the fire pit. One by one each of us guys got to stand up and pick a girl. When it came to Toby he picked Abbey leaving Georgia, Chloe, and Sophia from me to choose from. I stood up ready to give my speech.

"I want to couple up with a girl because I feel like there is a lot to her that we haven't gotten to speak about. I'm very interested to get to know her. So far tonight has been interesting and will probably keep being interesting. I also appreciate this girl's honesty, openness, and willingness to talk with me. She makes me smile and laugh and we always seem to have good conversations no matter the topic. So the girl I want to couple up with is...... Sophia," I said as Sophia hugged Georgia and then Chloe before coming over and hugging me and kissing my cheek before sitting down. As soon as she sat down her phone rang.

"I got a text. Islanders two females are standing in front of us only one girl will be going home and the person who gets to decide who gets to go home is the male islander that got the most votes from the public. The boy with the most votes, therefore, making the decision is......... Hugo," Sophia said before sitting down and then I stood up and thought before speaking.

"I want to save this girl because it hurts me to see how hurt she has gotten in the past few days I wish I could have helped her through the pain she has been going through. I've been a shit friend to her the past few days and I hope this helps make up for it. I believe you still deserve and can find love in the villa and I don't think you should be sent home just yet. So the girl I'm going to save is Chloe," I said as I sat back down and Sophia hugged me before getting up and walking to hug Georgia. As soon as she hugged Georgia and said goodbye to her Sophia stepped back next to me and I pulled her into my side. After Georgia walked out the door and we all started walking outside I felt Sophia grab my hand and lead me inside towards the terrace. I sat down outside with her and held onto her hand. I just looked at her and waited until she felt like she could speak.

"I want to tell you what happened in my past but I don't know how to tell you without your idea of who I am changing completely," Sophia said to me so I pulled her into me and kissed her forehead as she is resting on my chest.

"Whatever you have to say I'm here to listen," I said before waiting for her response