Chapter 7: shocking dumping and decisions

*Sophia's P.O.V.*

I was walking downstairs and had made it to where everyone already was I heard my name get called. "Hey Sophia, sounds like we need to have a chat," Jake said as he came storming out of the villa.

"Umm, how about you calm down first, and then we can see about having a chat," I said before grabbing my drink and walking over to the group that I had become friends with and of course Hugo. As soon as I got there Hugo pulled me down to sit on his lap before kissing my forehead. "Tell me why everything is going to kick off and Jake is already being an asshole. Like I haven't done anything wrong and he's already at my throat. Like he didn't like what I had to say about him so what everyone says some muggy things to their mates," I said as Hugo wrapped an arm around me and gave me a squeeze.

"He said he want to talk to you about what was going on and why you said what you were saying and mugging him off," Hugo told me as I just slightly looked over at where Jake was standing disgusted. Before Jake and I could have a conversation I heard heels coming from in the villa. I knew all the girls were outside so that left me to believe it was Laura.

"Islanders, can I have you gather around the fire pit please," Laura said and we all went to the fire pit and sat down awaiting what she had to say. "Islanders the public have been voting for their favorite couples. Can I have everyone stand up? The couples safe in no particular order are Kaz and Tyler, Liam and Millie, Chloe and Toby, and Faye and Teddy. Liberty and Jake and Sophia and Hugo you are the two bottom couples. The couple with the least amount of votes is Hugo and Sophia. Hugo and Sophia, please join me up here. Now you guys have a few options tonight. Either you can stay on the island and be forced to recouple with the newcomers coming in, or one of you can go home so that the other can stay. I'll let you guys have a few moments to make your decision," Laura said as Hugo and I walked away from the group. I looked at Hugo who looked calm and I was confused.

"Soph, there is no thought to this decision. I'll go home if you'd like to stay and experience all this journey has to offer you. I know your journey hasn't been as long as mine and that's totally okay. I'm perfectly fine going home so that you can experience this island and be happy. I don't want you to have to worry about everything else going on," Hugo said to me which caused me to just shake my head and start to cry. He just pulled me into him and kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to walk with you. I don't want to stay here and pretend like I'd be willing to get to know anyone else. Hugo, you are my love island journey and it's going to stay that way. I want to go with you. We will walk together and then we can see what happens on the outside," I said as I leaned up and kissed his cheek before he spoke again.

"You know I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend tomorrow. I was planning it all out in my head and I was talking to the friend group before you came and sat down about it. I just want you to be happy whether that be you stay here and I go home, we know we can't both stay here and then not to be allowed to recouple that will hurt too much so what do we do," Hugo asked me as I looked at him and he moved his hand to wipe the free tear that fell down my face.

"We are leaving together and we are going to leave as boyfriend and girlfriend because I would love to be your girlfriend, if you'd have me," I said with a smile as he grabbed my hand and nodded. We then walked back over to where Laura was standing awaiting the decision.

"So as much as it sucks to be the publics' least like couple Sophia and I always knew that it could come. I haven't had much time with her which really sucks. That being said I told her that she needs to stay here and see out the journey," Hugo said which made a fresh round of tears reach my eyes and I buried my face into his chest.

"So Hugo you are going to leave and Sophia is going to stay here on the island," Laura asked for clarification.

"No," I said which caused her to look at me confused and everyone in front of me looked confused as well. "Hugo and I will both be leaving tonight. I know that he wants me to stay and enjoy the experience but my love island journey started with him and will always be with him. I'm going to leave with Hugo tonight as it seems our time on the island is over. I love each and every one of you guys and I really appreciate everything you have done for me. I wish everyone the best of luck but I will be leaving the island tonight with my boyfriend to go home and try life on the outside," I said which got some reaction. Immediately Chloe and Millie were up and hugging me. I was just so grateful for being able to have this experience with everyone. As soon as everyone let us go we went and packed everything up and when I got to the bottom of the stairs to leave I took Hugo's hand and we walked out the villa doors together. I was so excited to leave with my boyfriend and see what would happen in the outside world. We only live about an hour and a half apart so that doesn't seem too bad. We were leaving together that's all that mattered to me. I turned and looked at Hugo in the car as we were being driven to the airport. "Hey Hugo what are we going to do about the outside world," I asked him as I was concerned.

"Well, school is on break still so I can come around your place for a while and we can even meet each other's family if you'd like to. I'm excited for what will come and I can't wait to see what our future will hold," Hugo said to me as he pulled me and held me tightly. We were on our flight when I decided to take a nap and used Hugo's shoulder as a place to sleep as he held me and let me cuddle up to him.

*Hugo's P.O.V.*

My mind is racing because she left with me. She felt our connection and our click was enough to leave with me. I was so happy but at the same time, I didn't want to disappoint her. I messaged my family about what happened and told them about Soph and how special she was to me. I also made sure to add her information to my phone along with getting all her social media added. I was so excited for what was to come when Soph started waking up. She looked over at me and wore the largest smile ever. "I got a hold of my parents and explained we'd be coming towards town and they want to meet you. I don't know if that's what you want or not but I figured that this was something that we might be able to do," I said while looking at her. She smiled again and leaned up and kissed me gently.

"I would love nothing more than to meet your family as long as we can go back to mine afterward to meet my family. I know that this is crazy because we only just became official boyfriend and girlfriend but I want to explore what life has to offer for us," Soph said to me which made me so happy. I was so happy to hear everything that she was saying. We were going to be just fine with no problems. After we landed we went back towards my home in Hampshire and as we drove up to my place I saw my parents' car in the driveway. I turned to look at Soph to see how prepared she is to meet my parents. "I'm ready and I'm excited but also very nervous. Do you think they will like me," Soph asked me which caused me to chuckle and her too look at me confused?

"Soph, of course, they are going to love you. You are literally the best thing that has happened to me in so long. Come here give me a cuddle and a kiss," I said which caused her to giggle and give me a hug before giving me a kiss. I got out of the car and then grabbed our bags before opening the door for Sophia. She got out of the car and I started walking up to the house with both sets of bags in my hands. Once we made it in the front door I sat the bags still and reached over to grab Sophia's hand which was shaking probably from nerves. "Mum, dad we are here. I know you are here I saw the car in the drive," I said as we stepped farther into the house, and then I hear them come out of the kitchen.

"Oh Hugo my boy it's so wonderful to see you back home," my mother said as she reached forward and hugged me before turning and looking at Sophia next to me. "You must be the wonderful Sophia that he talked to us about," my mother said as she went to hug Sophia. Sophia accepted the hug with a small smile being kind like she always is.

"Mum, dad this is Sophia, my girlfriend. Now that we are back home we are going to be going back and for between here and Oxford where she lives and works. Since I don't have students right now I'm going to head with her to Oxford for a little while as she has to get back to work," I said which caused my mother to smile and nod.

"Of course darling. Well, we will be on our way. There is a roast cooking up in the kitchen that should be done soon. If you guys need anything don't be afraid to call me or your father. It was so great to actually meet you in person Sophia," my mother said as she was heading to the door with my father on her heels.