Chapter 5: confusion, confrontation, and Chaos

*Sophia's P.O.V.*

"No, thank you for asking me but I believe there doesn't need to be any more communication between us," I said as he looked at me confused.

"So now you're going to be a little tease and kiss me before the recoupling only to completely shut me off once your main guy comes back," Jackson said confused.

"Last time I checked you forced her to kiss you because she turned away from the kiss," Chloe said which made him look over at her with a rather rude look.

"Okay Chloe calm down babe this doesn't involve you at all," Jackson said dismissively and loudly. This caused a few more islanders who were close by to come over to the situation.

"Hey now, there is no reason to snap at her. She is defending her friend," Toby said catching a good amount of us slightly of guard but I could see it in his eyes he still likes Chloe. Jackson turned around even more pissed off and walked up to me and grabbed my arm and tried to pull me up to my feet.

"Woah mate get your hands off of her," Hugo said as he held onto me tightly. Before I know it, Liam, Aaron, and Toby are all up and in between myself and Jackson. My arm is now back in my lap and Hugo has me pulled tightly into him and away from everything. I was just waiting until things calmed down. I found out that Abbey and Jackson were both being removed from the villa and probably not returning. I was sitting there outside on the terrace and just thinking about everything that has been going on and being stressed out about being the reason that half the villa is having a meltdown. The door opened and I look up to see Hugo coming through with two cups of tea. He hands me one before sitting down next to me and looking at me. "Are you okay," Hugo asked me to which I nodded and then felt the tears start to fall but before Hugo could move I said.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry everything kicked off tonight. I didn't want everyone to fight and I feel terrible about it and I'm so upset because people got hurt. I just want to curl up and cry but I know that's not going to help me. I just want to apologize to everyone for messing up the villa flow tonight. I really just wanted him to go away and he wouldn't. Thank you for being there to protect me and thank you for holding onto my necklace and returning it. I have your ring on right now so if you'd like it back I can give it to you," I said before he stopped me.

"I want you to keep it and hold onto it. Yes, it is something important to me but you are super important to me too so I want you to hold onto it. You don't need to apologize for tonight at least not to me. I knew that it was going to be interesting coming back to the villa especially knowing what happened in the villa while we were gone. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that while us lads were gone. I hope that the villa can get back to normal after everything that has happened. I really want to be here to help you but also for us to grow as a couple. Because I fancy you Soph and I really want to see where we can go because the connection we have is something I've never had before," Hugo said as I just looked at him and smiled slightly.

"Well if I'm keeping this ring of yours that means that you have to stick around until you're tired of me doesn't it," I said which caused him to chuckle and take my tea from my hand and bring me into his lap before he grabbed my tea and handed it back.

"I'm here until you tell me to leave or until the public decides that I shouldn't be here anymore. I mean either way I'm perfectly fine with everything because I finally found my girl. I found you which was exactly what I came here looking for. I know that it is early to say that my head won't turn but I 100% mean it when I say that you are my girl," Hugo said to me before kissing my forehead. After about another half hour of talking on the terrace, we went inside and got changed for bed.