Alone

Red.

Just red.

Nothing had changed about what I was looking at. It was just more red than before.

Redder.

I got up slowly, still not quite trusting my geographic knowledge in the darkness. My hand reached out to the dark shapes of the dog treats in front of me. I thought they would seem kind of appetizing to me right now, considering how long it had been since I had eaten. But the thought of putting something that dry in my mouth made me gag.

I grabbed each treat and put them in my pocket. Then I slowly inched my way towards the exit. Or where I thought the exit was. As I got farther and farther away from the light the dark shapes that surrounded me became scrambled and hazy. I couldn't tell what was real and what I was imagining. A large shape dissipated before my very eyes as I reached out to grab onto it. It was nothing.

I closed my eyes. Then reached out my hands. If my vision was going to betray me I might as well not use it. My feet inched ahead as my hands scanned through the air.

I hit something. My hands carefully touched what felt like the side of the car. They travelled right, trying to find the door.

A handle.

I could feel a handle.

I pulled it. It didn't budge an inch.

Shit

I literally just locked myself in.

Okay. Don't panic. Deep breaths.

My lungs were so full of soot and random shit every breath I took felt like another weight had fallen on my chest.

I looked into the near complete darkness but I knew there were no windows ajar. I tried the handle again. Nothing. And then again. Still nothing. My breath was rising. Panic and claustrophobia beginning to sink in again.

Not again. Not again. I can't let it happen again.

I pulled the door again. As hard as I could but it never moved.

Deep breaths.

I thought for a moment as I tried to slow down my breaths.

Call Adam. Tell him. Tell him what happened.

I search for the red light in the darkness and practically ran to slap the button.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

I'll be able to explain this to him

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

It'll be fine

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

I'll get out.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

No problem.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

ANSWER THE FUCKING CALL ADAM.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

FUCK.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.

It was taunting me now.

CALL FROM TRAIN 3.