Bonus Chapter

I figured now that I've finally watched Wizards and Rise of the Titans and ruminated over them for a bit, I need to add an extra scene. So, if you haven't seen either, don't read further.

First of all, in my fanon, Jim does not time travel to the beginning: he only goes to the beginning of Titans. Because why not? Also, here's a scene at the beginning of Wizards that I think should happen in my fanon. I really wanted to see how at least one interaction between Douxie and Amber would go, so here it is.

It had taken a few months, but I decide that I have finally recovered from my time with the Trollhunter. Spending time with Barbara and Strickler, helping to raise their many children, and making a job out of assisting the neighbors with their computer problems, goblin problems, and general cat-stuck-in-tree problems had given me a distraction from the trauma that came whenever I was unoccupied. The first few weeks after the battle with Morgana, I didn't even let myself sleep. I would spend the day helping out as many people as I could and then pass out for one or two hours on the couch. I would've kept doing that if I hadn't fallen off a ladder one day because my eyes were drifting close. It is just my luck that Barbara was the doctor who patched me up: from then on, I wasn't allowed to go more than 18 hours without sleep. 

The whole fiasco with the aliens had messed up my routine slightly, but no one expected me to fight and-- in fact-- were more relieved when I told them I would still be available to fix their everyday problems even during the apocalypse. 

Since my house is separate from most of the other houses, I hadn't had to evacuate during the attack. I had been happy to watch the battle on the TV in my living room instead of being there in person. I was just deciding I'd better retire for the night when I hear a knock on my door. 

Thinking it is Mr. Carthwright coming to complain that another of his cats went missing (I'm pretty sure it's the trolls), I get off my couch and go to answer it. 

"Ah, hello." The person outside the door is someone I hadn't been expecting. His black and blue hair had been notable when I first saw him, but I first note his yellow eyes this time. Yellow like changelings. 

I remember how back in the Battle of the Bands, my glasses had not displayed any information on him. Considering that only happened when the person wasn't human or changeling, I don't want to be associated with whatever madness this is. 

I try to close the door. The guy puts his hand on the door. "Woah, hey, wait! I need to talk to you!"

"I don't take business offers from strangers," I tell him. 

"It's not a business offer," he protests. "Merlin needs your help."

I sigh. "Of course he does. Let me guess... the world is ending again?"

"Well, yes, but..."

"I'm not interested." I'm so not interested that I give an extra push on the door to close it. The blue-haired guy yelps and steps back as the door clicks closed. I sigh in relief and go back to my chair. As I am walking, I hear a noise like running water. I turn around. Blue magic has surrounded the door. I step forward. The door is ripped off its hinges.

"Please at least listen to me," the rockstar says, stepping through the doorway. 

I glare at the bracelet glowing with runes on his wrist. "So you're a wizard then?" That explains why I couldn't see him with the glasses. I shake my head. "I'm not interested in saving the world."

"Are you serious?" he asks. "I've been waiting my whole life for Merlin to let me do something like this, and you won't even consider it?"

"You seem to know Merlin," I say. "Then you should know that he's a stubborn old fool who only does things for himself. Apparently, he didn't tell you that I am done fighting. Typical Merlin."

"Lives are in danger, and you just want to sit here even when you have the strength of a troll?"

My hand moves to the horns on my head. I am glad that I have them now. Having them feels like I acquired something I had been missing. But I still get sad whenever I remember that I can't leave Arcadia if I don't want to be declared a monster. Sometimes I wonder if everyone thinks of me as a monster and is too scared to say it to my face.

"Just because I have the strength, doesn't mean I want to be a hero," I tell him. "I tried that once. I'm still suffering from the consequences."

"The world is going to end!"

"I'm sorry about that!" I tell him. "But not everyone can be a hero!" I turn away from him. "Go be a fanboy of Merlin like everyone else. I am out."

"Hey! I am not a fanboy! I am his apprentice."

I laugh at that. "The three people I know of who he tried to mentor all turned on him at some point."

"Well it's been nine centuries, and that hasn't happened yet."

I whip back around. "Nine centuries? I could barely survive a week with him."

"It hasn't been easy, mind you." He winces. "I've been doing menial tasks for him as long as I can remember."

I roll my eyes. "Tell me about it. The man worships his Trollhunter more than anyone else."

"Ha! I thought I was the only one who thought that!" He grins at me. "He thinks people without magic are somehow more capable than those with it."

"Right?" I grin back at him. Maybe he's not that bad after all. 

"Well, I'd better get going." He groans. "Haven't been able to find any of the heroes of Arcadia."

"You could check in the center square," I suggest. "Some of the gang like to hang out there."

"Thanks." He starts to leave. 

"Wait. I didn't catch your name," I say. "I'm Amber."

He turns to me. "I'm Hisirdoux," he says. 

I smile. "Nice to meet you."

"You too."