Chapter forty-three

Layla

How can Abbey talk to me like that? 

I shovel my burger down and eat my chips four at a time. I'm surprised that I have eaten all of it in such a quick time frame as usually I can't finish my chips let alone my burger but I just did in about two minutes. Maybe it's because I am fuming.

I eye the line of punching bags hung up by hooks and walk over to them. I know it's a bad idea to do any physical exercise after you have eaten but I have so much built-up anger and frustration aimed at Abbey that it cannot be bottled up.

Circling around the bag, I lash out towards it. The bag violently swings in many directions as I keep on my toes and work up a sweat. Punch and dodge is the pattern I set for myself but soon grow tired of it and urge to hit the bag more, wanting to release all my anger onto it. My punches come swiftly one after the other with hardly a second break between each impact. My breathing is harsh as I keep focus and continue to unleash enraged destruction all because of Abbey.

After two more intense punches that crease the material of the bag, I feel the strong unusual feeling inside of me again. It feels like something wants to get out and I now realise that it's familiar. I have felt this before. 

There were many times back at my shack, even a time with the Bolton's where I felt something within me wanting to explode out - a force of raw power. I just don't know what it was. I also remember that it always happened at times when it was a full moon. I stop sudden from that thought. Oh my.

I was bitten by the monster of Folklore who is a werewolf. A werewolf! I slam my fists into the punching bag as my brain goes into overdrive. I think of my reflection in Maylock's bathroom. My eyes changed colour. They were glowing blue! I've had excruciatingly painful headaches, a very odd amount of strength and experienced an overwhelming sense of smell.

     "You know littering is bad" Maylock's voice makes me jump out of my focused thoughts and actions. He's leaning against the wall near the door holding my rubbish of the burger meal I ate so quickly.

     "How long have you been there?" I snap, curt as I hold the bag still. I catch sight of my hands. My knuckles have small slits on them. Blood seeps out from two and they throb constantly.

     "Long enough to see your display of skills" he smirks. "You said you couldn't fight and yet what I just saw was very impressive, as well as seeing you in action up at Lakeintown with the Mavlins and with Abbey in Guardian of the ring. Where did you learn all that?"

     "It doesn't matter but I never should have gone to Lakeintown anyway"

     "Oh is that so? Do I recall a quote as to let's kick robotic arse? You said that right after you disintegrated a Mavlin which you timed to perfection I might add. You can fight Layla and you were enjoying every bit of it" he comes over to me.

     "You don't know what I like"

     "But we all would have found out as that meal was an introductory meal. Well was supposed to be"

     "It's not my fault that it didn't happen." I don't let him pin it on me.

     "I'm not saying it is. It wasn't meant to go like that. I talked to Abbey about what happened and she's sorry"

     "Yeah, did she also say pigs fly? Like I will ever believe that apology was genuine" I roll my eyes and his own dip to my hands.

     "Your hands are cut" 

     "They are fine" I rebuff him and cover them.

     "No, they are not. I've noticed that whenever you say you're fine or okay, you are the total opposite. It's like you don't want our help"