House and Home

Hey y'all! This is more of a filler chapter, so sorry its kinda boring but I added some sweet moments! I know where I want the story to go, its just a matter of finishing it now and I'm so excited! I hope you enjoy!!

**********

"Faye, wake up." I hear, as someone gently nudges me.

I open my eyes, shrinking away from the lights before coming to face Colton again, remembering I'm still in the hospital.

"You're good to go. Do we need to grab anything from your office before we head home?" He asks.

I shake my head no. "No, everything I need is in my backpack, which I took on rounds with me."

He simply nods before helping me stand up from the bed and handing me my scrubs to put back on.

"Do you feel strong enough to change by yourself?" He asks softly.

"Yeah I feel a lot better than when I woke up the first time. I need to use the restroom too so I'll be right back."

"Leave the door unlocked." He says as I enter the ensuite to the hospital room.

I turn around and huff. "They don't lock, what kind of hospital do you think this is? One where patients can lock themselves in the bathroom?"

He simply rolls his eyes as I shut the door behind me.

When I turn around towards the sink I wince as I catch my reflection in the mirror. My hair is still in the ponytail I had put it up in this morning, but it looks like I stuck my hand in a light socket.

Allowing my eyes to move to the gash and bruising on my head, I have to fight to hold back another wince. How Cotlon didn't run screaming for the hills when he saw me is beyond me. The cut looks angry and is surrounded by dark purple bruising that stretches from my hairline all the way to my right eyebrow.

Deciding to do something about my hair, I carefully pull out the ponytail and regather my hair, putting it back up so random strands are no longer sticking up in every direction.

After I finish with my hair I quickly use the restroom and change back into my scrubs which have some blood on them, which I assume is from my nice head injury. Head wounds bleed a lot, and I can't help but be thankful I didn't have to see the aftermath of my fall.

Making my way out of the bathroom, I grab my jacket from Colton which luckily hides the blood stain. I know it's a hospital but I'd rather not let the imagination of our patrons run wild about my appearance.

Before I even have a chance to grab my bag, Colton grabs it for me, giving me a look that says "I dare you to fight me on this."

I decide it's probably best to keep my mouth shut about that. Grabbing my phone, I see Dr. Fanning has texted me the room they moved Andy to.

"Hey, before we go can we go see Andy? I told her I would come see her later and I don't want her to think I just abandoned her."

Colton nods, placing a kiss on my cheek before I lead him towards the elevators and up to the 12th floor from our 7th floor.

When I arrive at Andy's room I make Colton wait in the hall, unsure how she'll react to a stranger being with me.

When she sees me her eyes widen in surprise at my head.

"Dr. Anderson what the hell happened to you?" She asks, and I have to hold back a laugh.

"I fought a desk and lost." I say, and she laughs before grimacing in pain, making me feel guilty.