He's Home

Hey y'all!! Merry Christmas if you celebrate! If not happy Saturday! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

**********

I bounce on the balls of my feet, trying to get rid of the nervous energy that was flowing through my body. My brother's flight landed about 15 minutes ago, so he would be coming out of the doors in front of us at any second.

Realistically, the one person here who should be nervous is Colton, but he just stands with his arm around me, calm and collected, at least visibly.

Colton catches me staring at him and looks over with concern. "Faye, you're making me nervous, bouncing like that, do you need to sit?" I simply shake my head no, continuing to stare at the security doors in front of us.

Colton releases a sigh before coming around in front of me and grabbing both my hands in his. "Take a deep breath baby, then count to ten."

I do as he says, feeling my heart rate slow a bit. Seemingly satisfied that I'm no longer fidgeting he moves to stand beside me again, pulling me into his side.

I smooth my hands over the oversized sweatshirt I had stolen from Colton to hide my 21 week pregnant belly, which has really popped over the last week. To be honest I'm probably bloated from all the food Colton has been feeding me but it feels good.

I haven't had morning sickness since Monday, when I split my head open, and it's the longest I've gone without getting sick since I got pregnant. I've been nauseous here and there, but luckily everything has stayed down.

My head has started healing nicely, the bruising has turned yellow in some areas instead of the deep purple it was just a few days ago. It still looks a bit gnarly but I definitely feel more comfortable going in public now, although the only time I left the house this week was to get Andy from the hospital and settle her into Colton's place.

He gave her a run through of his whole system and how to work the cameras, and even showed her a panic room. The people who owned the mansion before him were really paranoid but he kept the technology updated because he knew he would want to sell the house eventually.

What Colton didn't tell Andy was that he hired out his security team to do drive by's every six hours to make sure everything looks how it should. It's very unlikely Michael would ever get past the front gate, but Colton didn't want to take any chances.

The past week has basically solidified everything I felt about Colton, and to be honest it's scaring the shit out of me. I haven't really relied on anyone, or let anyone in since my parents passed but Colton somehow weaseled his way in.

I know if I lost him, it would destroy me.

Colton absently rubs his hand along my side, which brings me out of my thoughts. When I look up I see the tall and broad form of my brother walking through the doors and it takes everything I have in me not to sob on the spot.

Pulling away from Colton, I run towards him and almost tackle him to the ground.

He pulls me in for a hug, catching his balance from my full force body slam laughing.

"Damn Faye, miss me?" Roman says sarcastically.

I pull away and wipe my eyes, giving him a light slap on the shoulder.

"Don't be an ass, of course I missed you. You're my big brother and I haven't been able to see you for a year."

He pulls me in for a hug again. "I know Faye, I wish I could have come and visited, or you could have come and visited but it just never worked out."