Who is Colton?

ME!?!?! UPDATING TWO DAYS IN A ROW?!?! Seriously y'all are inspiring and I forgot how much happiness writing brings me! Someone said they couldn't wait to learn more about Colton so this chapter is going to be in his POV! Let me know if you want more of his POV or want to stay in Faye's POV! (I've never written like this so let me know if it sucks) As always stay safe everyone!!

-----------------

"It's a great opportunity Colton, I just don't understand why you won't even hear them out?"

I sigh, staring up at the head of my finance department of King Technology. He's good at what he does but I seem to always forget its always about money for him. I suppose it's good that he's in finance.

"Because Derek, I've told you a million times I don't want to sell any part of this company. Yes the point of this company is to make a profit, and we've done a damn good job at that, but the most important part to me is to give back. Children don't deserve to grow up in war torn countries with no access to education or technology. Hell, there are children right here in the U.S. that don't even have proper access to education and technology. I don't trust anyone to keep what we're doing alive. I take huge pay cuts every year to make sure that the program has proper funding and I don't trust any other owner or CEO to be able to do that."

Derek can tell he's pissed me off a little too far today and he backs down, as I had hoped.

"I understand Colton, I just wanted to make you aware of the opportunity."

I nod and he turns and leaves my office. As the door closes I let out a sigh of relief, my thoughts trailing back to Faye for what feels like the billionth time today. I can tell being pregnant is taking a toll on her. I didn't actually know morning sickness wasn't just in the morning until a couple days ago. Saying Faye made fun of me when finding that out would be the understatement of the year, she basically bullied me.

She's incredible, and I'm so thankful she walked into my life but the guilt of her being pregnant and miserable practically eats me alive everyday. I've seen her everyday since my brother and Callie ended up in the hospital and the struggle just seems to get worse for her. I don't regret anything but I definitely feel like an ass.

I rub my temples trying to sooth the migraine coming on from my thoughts racing 100 miles per hour in my head. As I feel myself start to relax, I hear the intercom come on from my desk phone with my executive assistant Carrie's voice.

"Mr. King the board is ready for you in conference room three." She says.

I let a slew of curses out from under my breath as I get up from my desk gathering a couple folders and my laptop. I press the intercom button back and thank her for the reminder before I'm racing down the hallway into the conference room.

I take a moment to catch my breath before I walk into the room. Everyone turns and smiles at me as I make my way to the head of the table. The meeting consists of policy review and how each department is performing. I'm thankful that there's no major problems that need to be addressed at the moment. Lastly, I speak on revenue goals, which we are set to beat for this quarter.

As I go to end the meeting Derek, the head of finance I had just spoke to earlier about not selling, decides to tell the entire board about a company being interested in buying us.

"While we have everyone here I would like to make you aware we have a company interested in meeting with us about selling. I think it's a very good opportunity but Mr. King has made it clear he is very against it. I value his opinion but everyone in here also has a say of what happens to this company so I want to hear what the board has to say."