𝟎𝟏

┌───────────────┐
Chapter 01
└───────────────┘

┌───────────────┐Chapter 01└───────────────┘

EAST OF CELESTIA.

•••

"The princess is missing?"

Your question rang louder than it should have, but who could blame you? Lumine, the princess of Teyvat, is missing—this was not some little ordeal or trivial matter to be taken lightly. How the kingdom was not scrambling to search for her at the present moment was beyond your understanding.

"Shhh."

The librarian in front of you hushed your words, emerald colored eyes briskly darting around the room to make sure there was no trace of another soul. Once she assessed that no other was present, she turned back towards you, and only then did you notice the close proximity. Her face hovered mere inches above your own, and you practically tensed at the warm feeling of her breath on your skin as she leaned in close to your ear.

"The common folk must not be informed of Princess Lumine's disappearance," she muttered as she grasped onto your shoulders.

She was always like this, wasn't she? Lisa Minci—part-time librarian and the most trusted confidant under the Faction of Favonius' leader—was an absolute menace. Whispering official kingdom business to you as she flirted via body language alone was a trait you figured you'd find in no other woman, for Lisa's teasing was enough to fluster anyone.

"Only each faction's most trusted officials are set to know of this," Lisa continued, "and Grandmaster Jean is requesting for your immediate aid on this issue."

"My aid?" you echoed incredulously. In a moment of ignorance, you turned towards Lisa's close features to show your disbelief, forgetting her nature of teasing upon close contact. And it only took that one mistaken moment for Lisa to immediately grab at your chin to secure your gaze on her. Then the librarian's other hand settled itself on your hip, pulling your body flush against her own rather forcibly.