𝟎𝟔

┌───────────────┐
Chapter 06
└───────────────┘

┌───────────────┐Chapter 06└───────────────┘

SOUTH OF CELESTIA.

•••

"Are you doing okay in there, Paimon?"

A little mhmm! coming from your backpack gave you the green light to step into the public.

Since Lumine was now going to lead you through the streets of Liyue, Paimon had to stay hidden. She was saddened she couldn't fly freely, of course, but she made no complaints as she stayed in your bag as usual. Inside your backpack, there was a little rectangular slit cut at the front, and she used it as a viewing hole to peek out of.

"Ready?" Lumine asked you a few steps away from fully walking into the public.

You scoffed dismissively, "I don't think I have a choice."

"Nope!" Lumine smiled. She then tugged her hood a bit lower over her face, ensuring that any traces of her identity were completely sealed from the random civilians wandering by. You hoped your Mondstadt-styled clothing would attract more attention towards you rather than the mysterious cloaked figure—also known as the princess—guiding you around. "Let's go."

The varying scents of different food and the sound of the crowd immediately filled your senses as you stepped into the open. Various vendors, stalls, and brand promoters lined the streets of Liyue, and you were quick to recognize the difference in atmosphere compared to Mondstadt's more laid-back and carefree feeling. Not that you were complaining, though—in fact, you were already holding yourself back from purchasing every shiny thing that caught your eye.

"Welcome to the city of commerce," Lumine welcomed as she guided you onwards.

And while you couldn't quite see your little companion in her hidden state, you could tell Paimon was fascinated as well.

"Anything you're interested in seeing first?" the hidden princess asked you.

You thought to yourself for a moment, finger rising up to rest on your chin as Lumine looked towards you expectantly (at least, you assumed she was under her hood). Though Paimon couldn't speak right now, you knew food was always her first option. Plus, you promised her you'd let her try new food after hiding her in your room for so long. You supposed it was more fitting, especially considering the fact the three of you just ran for your lives from the Inazuman general.