𝟎𝟐

┌───────────────┐
Chapter 02
└───────────────┘

┌───────────────┐Chapter 02└───────────────┘

DUO ESCAPADE.

•••

"Paimon, we're going on a mission!"

The little flying companion burst out from her mini spot in your closet once you locked the door to your private room in the faction headquarters. Her big eyes were wide with excitement, and she was practically bursting with energy the moment she realized your words.

"We? As in you and me?" she excitedly asked.

You quickly shushed her, whispering, "Not too loud." After a moment of silence in which you determined no one was listening in, you confirmed to your friend, "But yes, I'm taking you with me for this mission. I'll explain the details to you once we get outside."

"Yes!" Paimon exclaimed through a whisper. "I finally get to go out of this stuffy room and eat real food that isn't just your leftovers!"

Though the little fairy-thing tended to be over dramatic, she unfortunately wasn't exaggerating her state of living. Paimon was an odd one when you met her—you've never seen anything like her, actually. She was scared, stumbling as she was hunted down by people who feared the unknown. So your first instinct was to hide her before anyone could potentially harm her, and she's been secretly living with you ever since.

"You better let me try all sorts of new food during this mission, captain!" Paimon gushed.

"I will, I will," you laughed.

A sudden knock at the door caused you and Paimon to look at each other, the both of you clearly startled at the sound. On instinct, you whispered to her.

"Hide."

And without complaints, Paimon hurriedly dove back into hiding herself in your closet as you made your way to the door. She stayed silent as practiced many times before, staying back to peek through the tiny crevice of the closet opening just to see who the visitor was.