𝟎𝟑

┌───────────────┐
Chapter 03
└───────────────┘

┌───────────────┐Chapter 03└───────────────┘

PRINCESS OF TEYVAT.

•••

"Princess Lumine?"

"Princess Lumine?"

The girl froze upon the call of her name, staring at you with a mixture of shock and fear present in her royal features. Even Paimon, who had literally just been fished out of the cold lake, stayed silent when you spoke the name of the princess in front of you.

Lumine took one step back, which did not go unnoticed to both you and your companion.

"Hold on!" you instinctively called out of fear she would run off. Whether the princess listened to you or not, you weren't sure, but she definitely froze in place at the sound of your voice. "We bring you no harm," you attempted to assure, even slightly bowing to her.

The fear that was laced in her eyes died down just a tad in her eyes, though hesitation remained. It was quite obvious she held suspicions over you, though you hoped Paimon's little drowning stunt would make her disregard the idea of you being a threat. However, Paimon not being exactly human could also be another cause of her suspicions, but you supposed it was better than her running off.

"Who are you?" she questioned, and her voice was severely different from the friendly apology she yelled out a few minutes ago when she fished out Paimon. Though she asked a question, it was demanding. The query came off as a command for an answer, and it boomed like the voice of any royal should.

After your name, you introduced yourself as, "An official from the Faction of Favonius, here on a mission to bring you home safely."

You expected her suspicions to double over after that, but what you witnessed instead was the rolling of her eyes. She scoffed at what seemed to be the notion of your mission: to escort her back home. At least it was better than her being wary of you as a potential threat, you figured.