𝟎𝟓

┌───────────────┐
Chapter 05
└───────────────┘

┌───────────────┐Chapter 05└───────────────┘

LADY OF THE SHRINE.

•••

"I will kill this knight

"I will kill this knight."

General Kujou Sara's declaration was enough to strike immediate panic in all of you, and Lumine desperately looked for an escape.

"And then I will escort you myself back to Tenshukaku," the general finished towards the princess.

Her arrow was pointed right towards your face, arm hoisted back and ready to release at any moment. Her dangerous eyes silently told you there was no way you could avoid it. You were a faction official, sure, but she was an entire army general. She could kill you without any regard for diplomacy between factions, regardless if you had any form of self-defense or not.

Those honey colored eyes of hers narrowed, and you felt your own shut tightly on instinct to brace for impact. A large SNAP! resounded throughout the area of the forest, and you flinched, imagining the feeling of pain hitting your skull.

But the pain never came.

Hesitantly, you opened your eyes.

The arrow was, indeed, released. But it was caught by a delicate hand before it could even leave the premise of the bow. Kujou Sara herself looked surprised at the sudden presence beside her—the new woman who had graciously blessed you with life and stopped the arrow from being shot.

"Lady Guuji!" the general gasped in distaste at the woman who stood in front of her.

The pink haired woman chuckled lightheartedly for a moment, before teasing, "I leave you alone for just a few moments, and you already try killing a pretty girl? That is definitely not how I taught you to flirt, Sara." You felt whiplash from the sudden compliment, and you froze as the woman threw you a sly grin over her shoulder.

"I am trying to abide by our orders, Lady Guuji," Sara glared as her interrupter playfully spun the arrow between her fingers. "This entire mission, you have been doing anything but that."