Chapter 4: Magic

They all continued staring at me.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You still don't believe us don't you?"

"You're crazy, there's no way." I explained although something Karoline said seemed familiar. I don't want to believe it. This seemed crazy. It looked like on of the things I would believe in when I was 5. An image of myself as a child popped in my head. I had no friends so I would believe I was a spy and spied on everyone I had the chance to. Mostly it's my mom or Henry. That is until I realized there was nothing going on and moved on from that phase. That was one of my fondest memories I had. For some reason I've never really remembered anything from my past. It felt like a void in my memory but I'm convinced it was because I was too young. I snapped myself back into reality and realized that Karoline has stopped talking and everyone was staring at me.

"Hello? Are you okay?" Maya said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yea sorry I was kind of remembering things."

"You mean you actually recalled memories of using magic?" Karoline asked her eyes wide.

"No, not that, it's just this seemed familiar, like I've heard someone talking about this." They all looked at me with confused expressions.

"Can we just quit the crap and show her what you can do." Natasha said while admiring her nails. "She's dumb as she is. It's obvious she's never heard of this stuff before."

"What-" I was gonna say until Maya cuts me off.

"We don't want to scare her away. She's probably gonna run back to her dear mom and next thing you know, our memories are getting erased."

"You're right about one thing." I said grabbing my bag off of the couch. I've had enough of their stupid scheme.

"My mom's gonna know about this pretty soon." I made my way to the open door but Maya runs in front of me blocking the doorway.

"Get out of the way." I said sternly looking at her right in the eyes. She wouldn't budge and just stood there and replying,

"No. If there's any way we can convince you. We'll show you." She said and blocked the door knob when I tried to grasp at it.

"Fine." I said standing up straighter, if she wants to prove her nonexistence abilities so much, I'll let her. "Go ahead prove your 'powers' to me." I rolled my eyes.

She blinked once before closing her eyes and suddenly I heard her voice. But she wasn't talking. Her mouth was closed but I could hear her.

"I'm in your head. Only you can hear me." I stared at her bewildered and deep in thought. How was she doing this? It can't be real.

"I know you don't want to believe me but we need your help. You have abilities too." Maya was actually inside my head. I can't believe it.

"I don't have abilities." I managed to spit out. For some reason, I was scared by her abilities. Can she use it against anyone?

"I can read your thoughts. Don't be scared. We need to work together. Eventually we'll all find out our abilities." I looked Karoline and Natasha. They know she's in my head. And they both haven't found out their abilities yet. I can feel my hands shaking.

"I...I don't know." I looked up at them and saw the light entering from the window. A car's headlights.

"Someone's here." I said and they all turned around except Maya.

"What?" Maya muttered out loud with a pained look on her face. She dropped on the couch and I could feel her hold on me break.

"Your brother's here." I looked at Karoline and saw my brother outside.

"It's not just him." She said her face frozen in expression.

I looked out the window to see my brother with a girl. I've seen her before, I think her name was...

"Is that...Evangeline Jones?" I said my face set to a scowl.

"Yea, my sister." Maya muttered and winced when Natasha tried touching her forehead.

"Your brother isn't here to pick you up." Maya looked away from Natasha and up at me, "He's here with my sister."

At the sound of footsteps, we all ran and hid somewhere. I probably chose the worst spot, behind a curtain. I heard the front door open and them talking.

"So you don't even have proof, you're just jumping to conclusions?" I hear Henry ask, he sounds mad.

"They had the book, what was I suppose to do?" Evangeline exclaimed.

"Maybe not freak out and jump to conclusions? My sister is not practicing magic." I basically felt my heart stop.

Author Notes: I didn't give up on the story, I just didn't have enough time to write because I wanted each chapter to be over 1000 words. Plus I started on a new fanfiction. It's a Luke Hemmings fanfic called His Girlfriend || l.h. Anyway, since I graduated and it's summer, I'll definitely be updating more often. You guys should comment more because it kinda means more to me than voting. I like sassy fangirls (like me) and if you guys have opinions and have conversations on my page, I feel special (even though I'm not at least I can feel the way.) Ok that might not be entirely true but vote if you like my story because that's nice oh and I worked hard on it, kind of.

-Ana💁🏻