TWENTY THREE

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴ ❞

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴ

          Confessions from both sides, mutual liking and a few minutes of passionate staring into each other's eyes are all it takes for Jungkook and Seowoo to completely forget the many little altercations and misfortunes that have led up to where they stand now.

          Seowoo's the first to break away. She coughs and quickly mumbles, "you're gonna be late...".

          Despite her words, the younger confidently strides towards her and pulls her into his arms. Seowoo feels hot tears drip down her shoulder and she quietly coos, caresses the idol's back until he is able to voice out coherent words.

          "Oh Kookie, why are you crying?" She softly chuckles when he pulls away and gently wipes his drying tears with her calloused thumbs.

           The boy shyly covers his face, "did I ruin my makeup?".

           Seowoo laughs, "a little but your handsome face makes up for it!".

          As Jungkook ducks his head in extreme embarrassment, his manager knocks on the door, "yah, everyone's waiting for you!".

          The idol averts his eyes to the door then back at Seowoo, who smiles warmly and sweetly replies, "go. I'll be here."

•••

"What?!" Yoomi happily shrieks upon hearing the grand news from Seowoo herself.

Jimin is elated as well, but he makes time to express his worry and concern for his best friend's relationship with the international idol, "are you sure this is something you can handle now?".

Seowoo takes her time to think.

"No," she confidently exclaims, before continuing with an explanation, "he has a career to pursue and multiple goals to achieve. I won't allow anything to happen until he's in the clear. I work behind the scenes so I'm probably not that big of a deal, right?".

Jimin taps at his chin, "well, you're not wrong, but people have seen your face before. I still think it's safest if you could stay low, too.".

Seowoo silently agrees.

"So, is there anything else we need to discuss?" The manager questions while looking at his watch, "because I'll be taking a nap otherwise."

Yoomi shyly clears her throat. She's been fidgeting the whole time, insinuating that she is hiding something that she has been dying to but too anxious to share with even her best friends.

"Um," she nervously swallows her saliva, "I haven't consulted anyone about this, so I'm not sure how you two are going to react to this...".

Jimin rolls his eyes, "just get on with it!".

After stealing a glance at Seowoo, Yoomi finally spills, "I want us to come clean to the public about everything. Seowoo doesn't belong in the shadows. She deserves to be in the spotlight, too!".

"I don't wanna live in a lie anymore."

•••

          Jimin repeatedly brought the matter up to management, after which multiple rejection notices began piling up in his inbox.

          Their refusal is not a surprise of any sort. Yoomi is their top idol, after all, thanks to the deadly combination of her stage presence and skilful dancing, and Seowoo's powerful singing.

          Jimin had argued back once, claiming that it would be better if they could reveal their own secrets, instead of having someone outside the company uncovering them.

          Jimin's doing his routine checks on Yoomi's schedule for the week, ensuring everything is in place when someone calls for him from behind.

          The CEO is a sweet lady who is often thought to be a major consideration in making decisions for the entertainment. In reality, however, the chairman (her father) has way more authority over her.

          "Jimin-ssi," she greets in a hushed voice, "what you're trying to do — I respect it, but I hope you understand that it is also a suicide mission.".

          "I'm rooting for you, though," she surprisingly says, "and just in case your request goes through, you should start getting the audience more used to seeing Seowoo as a public figure.".

Jimin sharply inhales, then slowly nods. He knows the CEO has a soft spot for Seowoo because she used to tutor her young children at her own will.

As he recedes to his little office, he devises a breakout plan for the backstage singer.

•••

"Um," Seowoo purses her lips, "are you sure this is gonna work?".

Jimin has her almost strapped to the chair as he smothers makeup all over her face, dresses her up in the prettiest clothes and dandies her ears and neck with the shiniest jewellery.

After he's done, he adjusts the camera such that it stably and entirely catches the perfect chest-up view of Seowoo.

"Of course!" Jimin confidently chirps. "You shouldn't underestimate my genius," he sneers, jokingly side-eyeing the backstage singer.

"Okay," Seowoo sighs to herself.

Jimin's genius plan requires Seowoo to upload videos of herself doing a variety of things. She would start off with vocal covers until she earns herself a name, followed by diving into the world of makeup so people could slowly familiarise themselves with her look. Only then would she and Yoomi be able to expose their true identities with little harm to their careers.

"That's the sad reality," Jimin had admitted just the other day.

Jimin snaps Seowoo out of her dazed state, "should we start filming?".

The latter doesn't say anything. She simply smiles and slightly tilts her body towards the microphone stand. In seconds, the camera begins rolling and Seowoo is casually vocalising with her angelic voice, easily touching the ears of everyone in the vicinity.

Yoomi silently stands in the corner of the recording room, while staring intently at the backstage singer as she sings in her voice.

She averts her gaze and jokingly scoffs. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't even a tad bit jealous of her best friend.

•••

merry christmas everyone !