ONE

❝ ᴡʜᴏ's ᴡʜᴏ ❞

ᴡʜᴏ's ᴡʜᴏ

          Seowoo takes a deep breath and gulps down an entire bottle of water in one go.

          "Woah, calm down," Yoomi laughs at her best friend's obvious anxiety, "you'll choke at that rate."

          The latter sheepishly chuckles, chasing after the water droplets that managed to escape her mouth, "our comeback was delayed for months and I barely had time to practise my lines. I don't want my voice to crack during the performance — that would be embarrassing."

          "You'll do well," Yoomi smiles, proudly watching as Seowoo shakily steps onto the platform behind the curtains and fixates herself in front of the microphone stand.

•••

The crowd goes wild as the nation's favourite soloist daringly belts out a high note, flashes an equally captivating expression and maintains amazing stage presence, all while performing an intense choreography that only she can manage to pull off.

          "Lee Yoomi! Lee Yoomi!" They cheer, waving their periwinkle lightsticks to the beat of the song.

          The performance comes to an end and the idol takes a good look at every one of her fans who attended. She hopes that at least one of them can look her back in the eye and notice that the real her is merely hiding behind a pretty little facade.

          "Good job, Kim Seowoo," she inaudibly whispers before bowing and leaving the stage with a forced smile on her gorgeous face.

          Meanwhile, Seowoo raises her head with a frown. Being a backstage singer isn't easy. Having to hear people praise her best friend for her voice is very much like taking a bullet to the heart. But she's desperate for the money and at least there are people who indirectly love her.

          "Seowoo?"

          She turns around and toothily grins when she sees her manager, even more when she notices that he's holding onto two boxes of fried chicken and three cans of beer. However, her frown returns when a reminder hits her.

          "Ah," she breathes out, "I'm on a diet. I can't be drinking alcohol or eating oily food if I want to get rid of these mounds of fat."

          "But-"

          "Park Jimin!" Yoomi screeches, her hoarse voice bouncing off the walls. "Oh? Fried chicken?" She squeals, stealing one from a box and sinking her pearly white teeth into the crispy golden skin and tender meat.

          She halts when she notices that she's the only one eating amongst the three of them, "why aren't you guys digging in with me?"

          "Seowoo here says she can't eat because she's on a diet," Jimin huffs, "and I refuse to eat unless she does."