EIGHT

❝ ɪssᴜᴇs ❞

ɪssᴜᴇs

"The entertainment wants Yoomi to have a comeback soon. We've gotten the fandom all riled up after our collab with Yoongi," Seowoo sighs over the phone, kicking at the legs of her study table, "and I can't even sing because my throat is all sore from vocal practice thanks to the new coach. She's mean, by the way."

She can't see Jungkook but judging by his tone and slight slur, she can clearly tell he's pouting, "do you need me to come over? I can bring warm honey lemon tea. Hyung says I make them best!"

"At one in the morning?" Seowoo chuckles, crawling into bed, "you've got a busy day ahead, remember? You're appearing on the cover page of the TIME magazine. You need to look your best, Kook."

"But I wanna continue talking to you," Jungkook whines and his kicks against his mattress is more than audible enough for the older to hear.

She playfully clicks her tongue, "I'll treat you to banana milk if you go to sleep now."

          With that, the boy snores into the microphone, stifling his sly giggles.

•••

          Jimin's face morphs into one of utter confusion.

          "I know, I'm sorry."

          "You can't just do that," he scoffs out, running a hand through his freshly dyed hair, "Yoomi's fans are practically demanding a comeback!"

          "It's been what, two months since her last one. You're her assigned producer. You're being paid to produce the best tracks for her. This is your responsibility so why aren't you doing it?" He grits his teeth, neck red and veiny with pent up frustration.

          He isn't one to scream a lot but he's suffered the entire day and all he wishes for is to be at home, lounging on the couch with a tub of ice cream and a really good full body massage from his boyfriend.

          He's visited every single one of the producers who's ever worked with the idol he's in charge of and every single one of them had refused to produce a song for the artist.

          Understandably, after Yoomi's collaboration with Yoongi, fans have been expecting much more from the monster rookie. Her songs had all been mediocre, only standing out because of Seowoo's melodious voice.

          To produce a song for Yoomi after her collaboration with the famous rapper-producer is like a producer's way of initiating a battle of skills, which anyone other than Yoongi himself would probably miserably fail at.

•••

          "I would produce a track for you," Yoongi shrugs, "but I'm in the midst of a collaboration with Epik High."

Yoomi groans, throwing her arms in the air as she loudly wails about her fans' endless demands. Her last comeback had been a month ago and having gotten used to her frequent comebacks, her fans seem to expect quick content from her.

"Hold up- When did you last drop an album?"

"Uh, like a year ago? I don't know."

"You should make a comeback with one. An astounding album filled with precious memories and backstories. Your fans would love the idea of you sort of exposing and showing your true self to the public," the rapper exclaims, gummy smile evident as he smugly sips on his iced americano.

          The rookie idol gasps, hand hovering over her mouth in awe, "oh my god- That would be awesome!" She wraps her thin arms around the older, squeezing and shaking him.

•••

          "It's confirmed then — Seowoo and I will be producing our own tracks with help from our music directors," Yoomi cheers, chugging down her mug of root beer in celebration.

          "It better be a hit," Jimin huffs, tossing a cheese ball into his mouth, "or else I won't get my pay."

          "Oh, it will. I have tunes in mind for our tracks and I've asked Yoongi for opinions."

          Seowoo slowly blinks, "and..?"

          "He loves them!" Yoomi shrieks, happily flapping her arms, skipping about their waiting room.

          "Stop it! Your wig'll fall off!" A hair stylist shrieks in  fear of ruining the idol's photoshoot for VOGUE.

          The latter pouts a little as she sits back down and tries her best not to shake up her hair for the next ten minutes. "Seowoo and I should write the lyrics together," she continues, "it's gonna be a personal album, containing our thoughts and opinions on things and everything!"

          Seowoo beams.

          The two immediately put on their thinking caps and begin vomiting out ideas, forcing their manager to take note of what's good and what's not.

          Jimin groans but sucks up to them anyway because he loves his best(est) friends.

———

ugh ew i hate this 🤢

n e way i have this draft called 'deranged' that i rlly wanna post but idk man hhh it's kinda cliche