Two - the new school

11 years later

"yo kid wake up, it's the first day of highschool" dad yelled from the hallway, I groaned and pulled the duvet up over my head, I didn't want to go to school, a whole new school filled with people I am already sure I won't like and homework, lots of homework. What a shit show.

"No I'm not going" I groaned and I heard a deep sigh in return. I listened to the sound of the door opening followed by fotosteps getting closer. Suddenly dad grabbed me by my waist and pulled me up and out of bed. I started kicking my legs dangling in the air. "put me down I'm not going" I yelled but he just held me up with a stern but amused look on his face. I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him away.

He flew to the other side of the room and I landed on the floor with a loud thud. "RYAN DELILAH EVANS" he started shit that's the full name, I thought and ran out to hide in the bathroom. "what did we discuss about using your powers on me" he scolded through the door "sorry dad it was an accident" I apologised though I was only half sorry.

"good, now get dressed your pancakes are getting cold" he gained my attention with that "pancakes?" I asked opening the door. He was leaning against the wall "yes pancakes to cheer you up on your first day" I felt bad now, for the way I reacted. "I'm really sorry dad" I apologised meaning it this time.

After getting dressed and eating the pancakes dad dropped me off at school, he said it was a one time, first day only thing and that I would need to take the bus from tomorrow on. After saying goodbye and thanking him for the ride I got out and looked at the building before me. 'welcome to midtown high' I read from the banner.

I followed the stream of students all walking into the school. Once inside we were led into the assembly hall. I sat down on an empty seat and watched how the hall slowly began to fill with people. Someone sat down beside me but I paid them no mind. It took about 7 more minutes before everyone was inside and the principal walked over to the stage in the middle of the basketball court.

"welcome everyone, welcome, oh how lovely to see all these bright new faces" I looked around and decided the principle might be a lunatic because there where only a few students smiling the others were looking grumpy because it was the first day getting up early after summer break.

While the principle continued talking the person next to me tapped my shoulder catching my attention. It was a girl with wild brown hair and darker clothes like mine, she was holding up a sketchbook. I looked at the sketch she did of me staring off in the distance. "wow did you just do that?" I asked and she nodded "that's awesome" I complimented, and she smiled. "thanks I like drawing people, I'm Michelle by the way but everyone calls me MJ" she introduced, "I'm Ryan nice to meet you"

~*~

I was in the same class as MJ and so far she seemed like the only cool person in our class, no I take that back she seems like the only cool person in our whole school, yeah and you have me but that's beside the point. "so Ryan Evans" Mj said my full name during our second class of the day, history. "what?" I asked keeping my eyes on the board where the teacher was already giving us notes, like come on woman it's the first day cut us some slack.

"do you have any hobby's?" Mj finished her question. I shrugged "not something like you and drawing but I quite like music" I answered, keeping the fact that I'd like to punch and break things in the salvage yard for myself. "cool, cool" she said before turning back to the drawing she was making of a kid across the room, she was putting some words with it. "you know him?" I asked and she nodded "that's Eugene Thompson, calls himself Flash to seem cool, it makes him more of a doosh if you ask me" I let out a giggle quickly slapping my hand in front of my mouth to keep quiet. "flash?" I squeaked trying my best not to laugh.